Time to raise our minimum for new customers.

Mikey P

Administrator
Currently in town we charge $150 to $165
For that you get 300 feet or an average sofa.

With drive times getting worse and worse here it just ain't worth it
Here it is in March and due to me being down and out, we are backed up 56 jobs right now.

I have a real hard time turning people away but I'm thinking that starting Monday we imply a $200 minimum for all new customers and keep the 150 to 165 for old customers needing small jobs or touch ups.

rambling..

The boys are burnt out on 10 hour days all week. Ely wants to only work 4 days if this keep up.. The new guy who starts Tuesday is super hungry with wife, kid and need of a car. I'm hoping he's a quick learner and can handle some six day weeks for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foothills Phil

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I've realized its hard working a team 6 days a week at around 52 hours or more at times. They like the pay, but when it comes to exhaustion, you can see it. I guess since we have been doing those hours ourselves so long, I've gotten used to it, but we also own the business and they don't. Hence; there comes a tipping point of to many hours in a physical job like this.

That minimum is pretty awesome and you might hit and miss with it. When we raised the min. we were waiting to see if the schedules would start slowing down. Since they haven't we have been able to keep it. I'd say if you see a slow down in bookings, then drop it back down, re consider the price, go on a case by case basis. In Cali you can get those type of prices? I guess everything cost more there to...

Mikey P

Administrator
My son thinks $175 would be better. He gets sick of people wanting one or two rooms than trying to get more value buy asking for a spot in this room a spot on this chair, a spot out in the guest house and so on.. we promise them 300 feet for the current $150 ...and some really make us earn it.

Reactions: jcooper

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
we are backed up 56 jobs right now.

:clap::rockon:

I can say from experience, If I'm overwhelmed with a long day, by the end of it... Quality will start to suffer. At some point I gotta go or work suffers.

lots of stress on the young man, training some new dude, keeping things going for dad, etc....

Your 56 to the good, I'd bump that shat up to whatever he suggests! He wants 175? Make it 200!

Mike Draper

mikey, how many miles a year are you putting on your trucks? Is traffic pretty congested there?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mike, mine is $189.00 for 300 square feet. And I don't run and do little spots everywhere in their house. They can run you all over. I'll do a couple for good clients, otherwise it's the entire room.

Same 300 square feet costs $239.00, if I run more than 175 feet of hose and or if access is more complicated.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My son thinks $175 would be better.
We're at $150.00 (up to 400sq/ft)We talked about it at the beginning of the year to review in April. I'd like to move it up to $175.00 also, I think most clients are good with what ever the minimum is. I think they just want to bite off a little at a time and not overall cleaning at once. There is plenty of sq/ft to clean within the minimum so they still get value so I think it will go over with little resistance.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Don't joke I saw one of my competitors with a March special of $20.00 a room an a three room minimum. $60.00 and a mac room size of 400sq/ft.

That's 1200sq/ft for $60.00 :eekk:

I wouldn't never roll a truck for that! cRaZy!!!

Reactions: Russ T.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
California dreaming...for a $175.00 min down here, I'd have to mow the lawn as well.
Ross, to put things into perspective:
A median home in San Francisco is about 1 million. That is before you had to spend another $300.000.00 to fix the dry rot and all other shenanigans.
Most homes here go for more.

A house or a nice apartment here (3 bedrooms maybe 1500 square feet) rents for $4,000.00- $5,000.00

An hour of metered parking is $2.00, if you can find it. $65.00 ticket for over parking your time on the meter. $250.00 double parking. $600.00 if they feel like it for partially blocking the side walk.

Still doing any more CA dreaming? :winky:

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A median home in San Francisco is about 1 million. That is before you had to spend another $300.000.00 to fix the dry rot and all other shenanigans.
Most homes here go for more.
A house or a nice apartment here (3 bedrooms maybe 1500 square feet) rents for $4,000.00-#5,000.00
Chit!!! :eekk:

:winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom