Time to raise our minimum for new customers.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I'm at $90 and homes around here are 260 to 300k that don't require a conceal and carry to go outside. Welcome to Methdesto.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We are at $80 and $100 (plus tax) for our minimum.

Kind of a sliding scale depending on location...

Will get you about 210 sq ft (or could get some stairs and cc, or close to some furniture cleaning)

If the location is an hour away, we look for a $150 minimum.

My $80 dollar minimum might disappear. We get about $200 per hour per truck while cleaning, so each minimum we are finding you are taking an hour of work sometimes (we hope we are only on site for 30 minutes otherwise...,

But, I every now and then will be close by, it's an elderly lady on fixed budget....and you could get a smoking good deal of even $50 plus tax because I can be a pushover some days....

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
There are a lot of companies that would just start to fill their crew with new hires and trucks to get all the work done. That's one way to do it.

Biz 101. Supply and demand.

Demand is there. Supply is getting low. What to do, what to do???

Only 2 choices if you want to capitalize.
-increase supply (more trucks/employees)
-raise prices

Sounds like you're choosing the latter. Good for you Mike. You guys have worked hard to be premium cleaners. This is how you stay that way!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I need to average $150 per hour to make any money. Even at that rate, the money I make is slight. My minimum is $120. I am beginning to understand that Chavez is right ... I am an idiot.

My son agrees.

Just yesterday, we had a call for a red stain removal. (Kid threw up during the night.) I told the lady $120. We removed the stain and then she asked if we could clean the 120 s.f. BR while there, as well. I said sure, no extra charge. After the job, my son, who works on straight commission, asked me if I was trying to get him to quit.

My minimum needs to go up to $150.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
The new hire, who starts today is from Huntsville AL.

Super polite, very bright, military background....and he calls all of us "Sir"...

I think I"m dreaming..

Whenever i see someone acting like that i think they are over compensating.
Probably just too cynical....

Reactions: Spurlington

Mike Draper

Our minimum is still $99. That is the highest in our area. It covers 350 sq. ft., then .34 a foot after that. Average family income in our valley is 45-55k roughly. A new house generally runs in the $195-250 range. The minimum sucks for me. But fortunately we only have an average of 1.5-2 hours total drive time per week. I only put 6,900 miles on our truck last year so most of my jobs are very close to each other. I usually get about a dozen $99. jobs in residential per year. Maybe next year I'll change the minimum.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
The farther out we go - the higher our min order is. I believe we should collect a travel charge when youre driving an hr or more away. We recommended finding friends and family in the area to be cleaned on the same day to divide the travel charge. She found someone which made it worth our while.

As for spot cleaning other areas in the house - I figure $2 a minute with a min of $10 (adding set up time to added area).. it seems $2 a min sounds like it can get expensive but it really works out for both parties. (Id lose if I charged $2 a min to clean a whole bed room since most only take 15-20 min.) Too bad this industry wasnt built on collecting an hourly rate. What Mrs customer .. you want me to go over that again? Sure thing !! What? Move all this crap you could of moved yourself? No Problem !! Come back for a redo .. sure thing - its all based on an hrly rate. I could see what advertisements would say .. Call us - we can do 3 rooms in a half an hr !!

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Whenever i see someone acting like that i think they are over compensating.
Probably just too cynical....

Yeah !! Its like when your dog gets out and youre trying to be gentle giving the dog false impressions, "Come here - good boy." until you nab it - "Gotcha !!" and then your screaming your head off BAD DOG !!

Good Luck !!

hogjowl

Idiot™
People down here CAN be annoying. I cringe every time Fensterfocker calls me. But, it's not an act. We're just raised differently down here.

And I really like it.

Reactions: Mikey P

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
People down here CAN be annoying. I cringe every time Fensterfocker calls me. But, it's not an act. We're just raised differently down here.

And I really like it.

I dont know, kinda hate when people are nice to my face only to turn around and stab me in the back.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
onhorse10.gif

Too trusting?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom