tlie in bar,very greasy.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
i got a call to clean a bar restaurant that has 2800 sq ft of tile,it is ceramic and very dirty grsy,i am wondering if i can get a brush for my mercury floor scrubber,all i have is the pad driver.so i am wondering if i can use a floor pad to agitate my product,and what product to use.can i use floor stripper (zep).or a degreaser.my normal procedure works well,but i want to really cut the grease because the tiles have little gouges in them that are full of grease

Prochem tile cleaner works great or use Viper Venom mixed 1:1 and you won't even have to scrub it.

Both of those will cut the grease with ease.

Don't use floor stripper or degreaser.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Take both the stripper and the degreaser . On nasty like that we use a foam cannon with degreaser and some extra surfactant so it stays in place in a foam state to dwell. Then light scrubb then turbo. If it is really loaded you might have to repeat but that is rare.

Chris A

Name
Chris
dealtimeman said:
Take both the stripper and the degreaser . On nasty like that we use a foam cannon with degreaser and some extra surfactant so it stays in place in a foam state to dwell. Then light scrubb then turbo. If it is really loaded you might have to repeat but that is rare.

Foam cannon?

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Unless it's an altogether different type of grease than what you find on carpet just use what you use on carpet.

Scrubbing tile is like scrubbing carpet. It is not really necessary but it does make the extraction part of the job go faster.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Chris Adkins said:
dealtimeman said:

Foam cannon?

This is a foam can non or some call it a foam lance.

th_0a28a880.jpg

It applies foam like so.
0c22752d.jpg

danbrown

Michael that is so funny..... I picked up a foam cannon last month. I got it to wash cars with the truckmounts that I have. We've used it once to strip a shower that was coated floor to ceiling and it definitely works.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
danbrown said:
Michael that is so funny..... I picked up a foam cannon last month. I got it to wash cars with the truckmounts that I have. We've used it once to strip a shower that was coated floor to ceiling and it definitely works.
Ya foam rules. LOL

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Re: tlie in bar,very greasy.slate

I went to look at this job and the orig owner was there and verified that the tile that looks like ceramic is actually slate.At this point i have never done slate and as dirty and un maintained as this 2800 sq ft is no won ton soup for you! . does anyone know how to clean slate :?:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
same as above just lower pressure a little as to not blast apart.. Though here would be my concern:

Slate alot of times gets covered in a finish to make it glossy.... you prolly should test a small area to see if this is the case because at that point if it is covered in a finish, you'll have to deal with grease and finish. And your heavy hitters for grease may start to remove the finish partially meaning you now have a stripping required to remove it all and thus a malgrit brush is usually in order if its clefted. and of course will have to figure out if they owner wants it to look glossy again with a finish or if they want a natural look with a heavy duty sealer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom