TM with a 33 blower good for T& G

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I'm looking at TMs for T&G cleaning. I know heat will be lacking with the small machines but the heat exchangers can handle 2500psi. Will a 33 blower be able to keep up with a turbo hybrid?

Name
Jeff T
I'm looking at TMs for T&G cleaning. I know heat will be lacking with the small machines but the heat exchangers can handle 2500psi. Will a 33 blower be able to keep up with a turbo hybrid?
It's not so much the suction, can the water pump handle 900-1500 psi? You could always add a little giant heater, if you want a flame thrower.....

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I used to have a 100+ foot black garden hose to connect to fresh water. 3/4 of the year it is so hot in Phoenix that hot water would come out.

I stopped using it because my hands would get so black setting up and putting away.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Lee Stockwell
I carry three 50' sections on orange cord reels. Each equipped with garden hose quick connects and shut off valve.

Carry to the faucet, turn on the water (confirm not freeze damaged), roll back to the truck.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

I saw a new hose at Lowe's I want to try. It's a fiber mesh over the vinyl. It collapses for space saving. Looks like a good hose.

steve_64

KIMG0321.jpg
KIMG0323.jpg

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

Very few HX's can work @ 2500 PSI.
HX's should have a safety factor of at least twice the working pressure.
That would require testing the HX to over 5000 PSI.
Most of the #33 TM's I have seen, are not capable of that test pressure.
Heat capability may also be lacking, depending on the motor HP.

The #33 blower is fine.

A 3GPM pump IMO is not enough for T&G cleaning,
since that rating is at highest RPM for the pump.

With out TM, we are finding that increasing flow on the Turbo increases the cleaning efficiency dramatically.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom