Today's price objection....

hogjowl

Idiot™
I doubt if it is just a coincidence that the members that advocate always "sticking to their gunz", due to an unwillingness to compromise their level of service and quality, are already well established, and "don't need the business".

Although I'm sure most like to believe that their decision is based on their uncompromising quality standards, I would be curious to see what their decisions would be if they were new to the business and had a slow week, were behind on their bills, or just trying to make ends meet.

I think in most cases, it has a lot more to do with what you have in your pocket at the moment, than ones uncompromising standards… .although it doesn't sound as romantic.
It could be that those businesses became established, and keep their bills paid because they know their costs and keep their charges in line accordingly.

But, don't let me hurt your feelings. I'm fine with you being cheap, and have no idea if you're having problems paying your bills.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I see that you took Jim's advice to keep sentences short, short paragraphs and avoided over-whelming your prospect.

That, and the fact that we find over-talkative yankees to be a bit annoying. It's much better if we keep it short and not too over-informative.

Down here, anyway.

Reactions: SamIam

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
He's not been socialized as well as I have.
yea we jus call'um like we see'um out here in the sticks.
horse.gif

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm not knocking Meg's derision either

LOL...that's s'posed to be decision

i don't know about anyone else, but my guys are my most valuable asset ..literally worth their weight in gold to me.
I feel a sense of responsibility to keep them working (Shawn has a new baby and Cody recently bought his first house)

I know I'm poor businessman, but I'd rather keep the wheels turning even for a small profit than sitting idle
There have been times in winters past I've taken razor thin profit priced projects (or break even) just to keep them busy.

dumb?? maybe ..but told you i ain't a good bizman
and again, not knocking Meg's decision .
Or Ofer's...hell, he's ready to retire and loves cancellations ...allows him time to go pet the kitty , feed the pigeons and treat the homeless SF sidewalk panhandler to a bottle of fine Mogan David 20-20

..L.T.A.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
That, and the fact that we find over-talkative yankees to be a bit annoying. It's much better if we keep it short and not too over-informative.

Down here, anyway.

Not this yankee, i keep everything short and to the point.
Even our e-newsletters are only a couple paragraphs.

I would have called her and asked how much was she thinking.
Then gave her that much service....

Reactions: hogjowl

hogjowl

Idiot™
LOL...that's s'posed to be decision

i don't know about anyone else, but my guys are my most valuable asset ..literally worth their weight in gold to me.
I feel a sense of responsibility to keep them working (Shawn has a new baby and Cody recently bought his first house)

I know I'm poor businessman, but I'd rather keep the wheels turning even for a small profit than sitting idle
There have been times in winters past I've taken razor thin profit priced projects (or break even) just to keep them busy.

dumb?? maybe ..but told you i ain't a good bizman
and again, not knocking Meg's decision .
Or Ofer's...hell, he's ready to retire and loves cancellations ...allows him time to go pet the kitty , feed the pigeons and treat the homeless SF sidewalk panhandler to a bottle of fine Mogan David 20-20

..L.T.A.

Ron Curtis has been gone from the board for YEARS.

Don't you think it's time you quit talking like him?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Or Ofer's...hell, he's ready to retire and loves cancellations ...allows him time to go pet the kitty , feed the pigeons and treat the homeless SF sidewalk panhandler to a bottle of fine Mogan David 20-20 ..L.T.A.
That is the clearest case of derision, if I ever heard one!! :winky:
  1. I don't pet the kitty. I got six cats, two dogs and the wife has two poop machines, otherwise known as horses. So I have to ration my petting.
  2. I feed all birds (how did you know?) (And please don't give me that "all bleeding heart liberal do" sh#@t explanation) . Specializing though in hummingbirds, finches and particularly- dodo birds. Like: "Don't be a dodo Larry, do charge for your services":rockon:.
  3. Larry, larry , Larry. I am not an enabler. I don't give panhandlers alcohol. Definitely not the cruel and unreasonable punishment of Mogen David. Shisshhhh....North Ohio man.
  4. Not ready to retire, we're building a new home. Show me the money! But I do enjoy the occasional cancellation. Once you'd venture out of the office (Careful, urban cowboy, don't hurt yourself, you may need a period of adjustment) and do the physical work by your old selfy, you may be able to relate. Three words: Old Bones Syndrome.
P.S. Got to go now. Oh, since you're still my Spiritual and gun purchase guide, I need some firearm advise. PM ok?

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Once you'd venture out of the office (Careful, urban cowboy, you may need a period of adjustment) and do the physical work by your old selfy, you may be able to relate

been humpin' the last three weeks .
but can relate to the joys of cancellations when i was one man show...i carried my fishing pole in the van ..fo-reel

I need some firearm advise. PM ok?

I'd be honored
(as long as you don't ask for a discount)

:biggrin::icon_razz::yoda::yoda:

..L.T.A.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Actually what I do when doing a phone quote or hear a price objection is to give a detailed description of the service we provide.

Pre vacuum. Pre spot, pre scrub, truck mount water extraction, most furniture moved, speed dried with fans and free shoe covers. Whatever your guy charges and does compare that to what we do. Have a nice day!

Last edited:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
That's it?

That's it, Marty.
Point is, I heard back from her. We didn't lose the job and we didn't discount our services. She will get back to me when she plans to move forward. Not "Thanks but no thanks" or no response at all.

Moral of the story, I offered less service, for less money and it looks like that was enough for her.

Ha can we see the itemized estimate to?

Here is a screen shot of the estimate:

upload_2015-1-22_16-24-17.png

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Kind of interesting .."room" pricing format .
All the hi-rollers i know are priced pr sf

I'm curious how you determine where/when one lg rm gets charged as two?
Guess the average would be "up to" 250sf, what if it's 289sf?

also curious if the bed rooms are traffic ln/open area or you move beds, chests and dressers?

seems an odd way to price, cause some may be getting every penny's worth, while others might be getting ho$ed

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We are sq/ft but I often wish we were room pricers so we could use Fittlebug. I just don't know how to successfully make a transition to room.

Ofer if it doesn't set you off, would you tell me if you are room or sq/ft?

Reactions: ruff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom