Truckmount sales in a big slump (3/2024)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
odd he's got American flag theme paint.
but in a wrong side of road driving country....

speaking of Sporties...as fate would have it, I'm going to go look at a 2021 XL1200 Iron with 1900 miles on it this afternoon

..L.T.A.

1900 miles? Nice find

If ya get it post pic

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Here in the Northeast/Midwest where I sell truck mounts, it seems to be the following:

Expensive vans, and/or hard to find vans. Guys that have to make the choice between a van in bad condition or a truck mount that they should replace are replacing the vans. Both costs are prohibitive, but a truck mount can be fixed for less money, and while important, its appearance isn't as important as the van's appearance.

Guys who should have replaced vans 5 years ago are having us fix up and switch units out of vans with severe body rust, holes in the floors, etc. One had the sides so badly rusted that the wrap billowed in and out like a sail on a boat.

Given the choice, the van gets replaced; often with a newer used van.

Election Year.....I've watched this every year since Carter/Reagan. It has nothing to do with the parties, politics, the candidate, or the times lived in at the time. Every four years, the cleaning market (which means the major purchase market) tightens up.

Many are buying used machines. Most are in worse condition that promised. We spend a lot of time fixing things that were either neglected by the original owner and hidden from the uninformed buyer.
Member when I was selling all the
"JUZ LIK NEW GENIES" for 10 bucks..musta sold a dozen or so right under Mikeys nose.....

Last edited:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
If i had to do it over again, id go the same route as the first. And that is… find a simple machine without the bells and whistles, able to find parts locally, LEARN THE UNIT AND MAINTAIN IT.

I paid 6k for my tm unit 2003. Maintained it.
Like all things there comes a time when you got to replace parts and upgrade other parts. Just did a total overhaul within the van with new shelves, cleanup etc. The unit i tied up some loose ends, replaced a few things for new parts. The dag gone thing runs better then ever.

The best a one man show can do is find a reliable ez to run ez to repair machine and maintain it. Maintain the van as well.
SAVE money in the long run.

Prices everywhere are becoming insane especially realestate. And now with these so called ‘new comers’ things will become even more tighter to pay for the free free free moochers loosers.

Need new leadership in washington folks. Currently you have a punch a know nothings wanting to experiment with your dime and wrecking everything they touch.
If you lose the football, can you get a replacement?

• Haha
Reactions: Mikey P

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
5700 hours on my 570, 85000 miles on the truck,

I hope this is my last truck I own.

5 years probably add another 2500 hours on the machine.
I have about 7k on my 870 and still going strong. All I do is keep up on the oil and filter changes, just recently replaced all the belts, and she's good. Truly a great machine! I call it my ATM.

Yesterday I used it to melt hard candy out of carpet. I had to click the heat up to Medium. It was majestic.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I have about 7k on my 870 and still going strong. All I do is keep up on the oil and filter changes, just recently replaced all the belts, and she's good. Truly a great machine! I call it my ATM.

Yesterday I used it to melt hard candy out of carpet. I had to click the heat up to Medium. It was majestic.
There's a used 650 HP with 3500 for 15k cash, I'm tempted to sell the 570.

But for 100-150 ft hose runs it's probably over kill

Reactions: Living The Dream

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Those split windows would be worth a fortune today.
I know they would be, but back then I just never considered that.

My truckmount was purchased new in 1985 from Cleaning Technologies out of Georgia. It is still killing it even though I am now retired. It has been in 4 different vans, has a Honda motor, Roots #45 blower running 2 wands at once, a Cat high pressure pump, and is now retired! It came with an Onan engine. It has had 5 different motors over the years. The Honda motor has been the best and most reliable engine out of all of them, and still purrs away.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I know they would be, but back then I just never considered that.

My truckmount was purchased new in 1985 from Cleaning Technologies out of Georgia. It is still killing it even though I am now retired. It has been in 4 different vans, has a Honda motor, Roots #45 blower running 2 wands at once, a Cat high pressure pump, and is now retired! It came with an Onan engine. It has had 5 different motors over the years. The Honda motor has been the best and most reliable engine out of all of them, and still purrs away.
On my last Honda powered unit, I got 5000 hours out of it before I had it rebuilt. It was still running ok but leaking a little oil. The guy who rebuilt it said it was still in reasonable shape but I figured for $1500 it's worth it to make sure it's good for a longer time. I believe it's still running.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I just received my new butler. Everything is great except that the truck driver delivery man said, “oh btw, it might drip black goo on the clients driveway whenever it gets hot because GM put an undercoat on some vans that can melt”. Butler supplied two heat resistant drop cloths to put under the van. My fingers are crossed that it releases all of its demon fluid on the first hot day so we dont have to put the drop cloth under the van and survey for black oil run off on every job.

• Wow
Reactions: Living The Dream

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I just received my new butler. Everything is great except that the truck driver delivery man said, “oh btw, it might drip black goo on the clients driveway whenever it gets hot because GM put an undercoat on some vans that can melt”. Butler supplied two heat resistant drop cloths to put under the van. My fingers are crossed that it releases all of its demon fluid on the first hot day so we dont have to put the drop cloth under the van and survey for black oil run off on every job.
Run it for a couple of hours on your own driveway. Check where the blower exhaust is coming out.

Reactions: Wing It

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Run it for a couple of hours on your own driveway. Check where the blower exhaust is coming out.
That's what we do with ours. Run them in our lot and get that goo to drip off here in a controlled environment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom