Truckmounts with Car mufflers?

G

The wave equation is an important second-order linear partial differential equation that describes the propagation of a variety of waves, such as sound waves, light waves and water waves. It arises in fields such as acoustics, electromagnetics, and fluid dynamics. Historically, the problem of a vibrating string such as that of a musical instrument was studied by Jean le Rond d'Alembert, Leonhard Euler, Daniel Bernoulli, and Joseph-Louis Lagrange.

Right, Bob? :wink:

KBRENNY

One method to solve the initial value problem (with the initial values as posed above) is to take advantage of the property of the wave equation that its solutions obey causality. That is, for any point (xi,ti), the value of u(xi,ti) depends only on the values of f(xi + cti) and f(xi − cti) and the values of the function g(x) between (xi − cti) and (xi − cti) where these quantities are the only ones that show up in it. Physically, if the maximum propagation speed is c, then no part of the wave that can't propagate to a given point by a given time can affect the amplitude at the same point and time.

Has anyone seen the episode of The Simpson's where Homer becomes extremely smart all of a sudden when there is a crayon pushed up into his brain?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Sorry..but i can't elaborate as i gots Mr Youknowwhothatknowsitall on my case....right now!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

Our service department has replaced a lot of silencers and a lot of mufflers.

The silencers were replaced because of internal corrosion. Some of the mufflers also corroded, but the percentage was less.

We have tested over 30 different types of silencers and mufflers with a decibel meter, outside the shop to eliminate reflections.

A few were good and many others were not.

A good design works in both mufflers and silencers. They are both doing the same job, and solid engineering makes the difference.

We have decided to go only with the top stainless steel designs to eliminate corrosion. These vary from 2.5" to 3" ID x 36" models.

Anybody interested in airflow CFM, would do well to invest in stainless steel.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom