Turbo-Hybrid Edge Problems

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Hey guys, I'm a rookie and don't know what I'm doing...

I just got my turbo a week or so ago and decided to take it out for spin. For some reason it doesn't clean about an inch or so away from the wall. I thought this tool was supposed to clean right up to the wall.

Wassupwiffdat?

-JB-

Name
JB
Sounds about right.

I'm experimenting w/low pressure hard surface cleaning, using the "gecko" tools, lots of dwell time lil extra hand work on the edges, and a 400psi rinse, so far so good.

This was all brought on by Pemberton's last "nearly free Friday" where sorry forgot his name; from Bridgpoint offered a 1/2 day stone polishing class, he said he saw no need for the high pressure (800+psi) cleaning we generally do as the chem, given dwell should perform as well, so far I would agree, that being said the gecko w/the wide head does a real nice job up to the edges.

And I gotta say thanks to Jim & Lee Pemberton, for that class, a HIGHLY recommend any class taught by that instructor, really knows his stuff to put it mildly.

I learned more about cleaning hard surface in the first 10 minutes of that class than I have about carpet cleaning in the past TEN YEARS! No joke. IF I were 10 years younger or newer in business, I'd be on the polishing gig like white on rice!

Jim who was the instructor again?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Uh...does that mean that my turbo is not supposed to clean all the way up to the wall?

That was the sales pitch for buying this thing.

None of the tools will clean to the wall or atleast not the circle tools. Get a standard grout brush or even better a corner brush and scrub a few inches of each grout line around the wall. Then when you clean just lift up the tile tool at an angle and spray down the wall and then suck the water up and there will be no dirt. For tight areas I scrub then flood the area and just use the vac hose to suck up the water. No fancy tools needed here.

Oh yea you can just get a damp white towel and go back after you clean an area and clean the grout very quickly by scrubbing with the towel. I just consider this as part of the detail work. I only do this in places I can't get the sx 12 such as under low cabinets etc.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Well crap. I thought this thing was supposed to clean right up to the wall. Does this mean I will have to do more work? I guess I could just tilt it over as Mikey is suggesting...

Well heck, I guess I need to buy some more tile tools too. What over expensive stuff do I need to buy to do T&G?

lance

Changing the jets up one place to a wider spray will help. The jet is narrow so high pressure T and G cleaning will work better. You could also up the flow alittle to put more water (with less pressure) on the floor.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Be careful what you buy.......they will tell you anything to make a sell...it is all about there wallet not yours......
next time you need something.get your ask in gear and come here and get the answers.......

B.T.W..........do you need a pile lifter.............??

Bob Foster

I have a small pressure washer wand with a 15020 tip and I pressure wash the areas you can't get at with the turbo tools and then suck up excess water with my turbo or wand. Also works great for touch ups of stubborn spots.

Gary T

The Turbo gets closer than all the other tools. Careful with the Turbo-Tilt, you can remove paint and or swell MDF moldings. The absolute best edging tool out there is the www.xtremesponge.com (magic eraser).

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
It looks like my pattern is about 1-1 1/4 away from the wall. Is that normal?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I've been using my crevice tool to edge out the tile and grout. Now I need to find the new "boot" that's made to use on the internal crevice tool made by PMF, to keep from scatching the tile. I know John Olsen has them.
It carries the part number.....AC 33-CV.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
That thing looks like I have to actually get down on the floor and do work.

I'm all for tools that keeps me from having to do that.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You're not listening. All you're doing right now is regretting your purchase. We've all been there. However, your tool is a good tool, you just have to sthu and listen to us. We all have to deal with it ... it ain't just you dude.

Get yourself a edge brush on a handle. You won't have to get down on your hands and knees.

MOP your cleaning solution down and rub in it a bit and let it dwell. Take your edge tool and lightly scrub the edges and corners while it's dwelling. If really nasty, then take you 175 and brush and scrub the rest. Then rinse it all away with some good pressure and heat. (Don't listen to the 400 psi panzy).

You do the tool tilt to rinse the corners and along the walls. (And don't get all concerned with the dudes comments about pealing the paint off the walls. He just needed something to say.)

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Marty, you might have taken my last comment wrong. My comment was about those sponges. If there is a better tool that I can buy that will prevent me from having to get down on the floor I'm all for it. If I had to I would but I'd rather not do that because I have gout and a back issue. Basically I'm pretty much like the elephant man.

My Turbo tool is pretty tool I guess. I'm honestly not regretting.

Thanks for the brush advice. Where do I get one?

Name
Nate W.
Jeremy N said:
Marty, you might have taken my last comment wrong. My comment was about those sponges. If there is a better tool that I can buy that will prevent me from having to get down on the floor I'm all for it. If I had to I would but I'd rather not do that because I have gout and a back issue. Basically I'm pretty much like the elephant man.

My Turbo tool is pretty tool I guess. I'm honestly not regretting.

Thanks for the brush advice. Where do I get one?

Marty didn't take your comment the wrong way. That's just the way the dude is wired.

As for the brush, http://www.excellent-supply.com/store/p ... category=8

Back
Top Bottom