Used Vortex (for you V aficionados)

orbitalclean

I found a used Vortex with 3k hours and 80k on the Nissan truck. Not too worried about the miles on the truck.. but the Vortex?

What is the lifespan on these before a major overhaul? Is 3k hours a lot even for a Vortex? What do you think, is it going to be in the shop more than on the job?

With limited funds, would you definitely look for something newer?

Greenie

From a Speedster to a Vortex, hell of a step up.

These used Vs will have proponents & opponents, basically how does the machine look, beat to hell or cared for?

orbitalclean

LOL, yeah went from speedster to VLM to hopefully vortex. The financing on as used one doesnt look too bad.

To be honest it doesnt look anything like it would if I would have cared for it myself. Its a little beatup but not bad. It is going for cheap but Id have to fly all the way cross country and drive it back.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
sounds like its not a petersen unit, which is good, the xyn HX will likely need replacement with a stainless unit if it hasn't been replaced already the exhaust valve may need some attention, aerotech has a custom exhaust valve that is self cleaning, not sure if the machine could be moded to accept it. , aerotech sells them still I believe, the rest of the machine is mostly truckmount parts, like a blower, pump, etc. I think the biggest benefit to the big machines is haveing a big wrap on them that is attractive, check out the trucks like wizs, adam hales, waterfalls, etc, those truck look dramtic. if you are buying a used older truck it might not be worth putting all that money into a wrap, and knowing repairs will be a must down the road, also what will you have left after 5 years of use. just my .02

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom