Using High Flow as a USP

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
If you were going to explain why your "high flow" system is better than the competition without saying you use "more water"....how would you say it? I've been toying with lots of different pitches in my phone sales. The one I keep coming back to is that I remove more water than the competition, which equals more dirt!

What have you guys in the high flow world been using?

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Women don't care about high flow. Well maybe one or two(Lisa). You have to show you care, you won't hurt them, and you will take the time to do the job right.

-JB-

Name
JB
I run a SD all the time, and it's in all our marketing materials, but only as to lend credibility that, here's what we do and here's how we do it, you can trust us, just watch to see what we do on your job.

I agree w/Joey, MOST clients could care less, might as well tell them you have v-8, not a v-6 in your van.

However, after they see what you can do w/it vs. their last guy, then explain the science behind it, they'll get it after they see it, then they will in turn market it for you.

-JB-

Name
JB
I will from time to time point out what the power of Niagara Falls has done.

That seem to work pretty well.

TimP

Our system has more flushing power and leaves the carpet far dryer and stays clean far longer than the competition. In fact our carpet dries in _______ hours guaranteed!

I think the dry times is more important to advertise in our industry anyhow.

GRHeacock

I think advertising any specific tool or system is not the best idea.

First, the customer does not care what you use, they just want the best job.

"Satisfaction Guaranteed or No Charge" is better, in my opinion than "High Flushing" or "My truck is Louder", etc.

Because at some time you may have a different system or tool, and get better results than the present one, but your marketing with the prior system does not make sense with the new system.

An ad for Zerores below says Fast Drying, Non Toxic, No Residue. That's all you need to say.

Gary

TimP

You can always advertise your new system with reasons why it's better. Its what fast food does every time something new comes out and I'm sure it gets a bunch of people in wanting to try that new thing. Of course I don't see people wanting to try a new method of cleaning carpet as a customer just to try it. But it will get you in their mind and if they need it and aren't thinking about it may get them to schedule.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Kevin Bunce said:
If you were going to explain why your "high flow" system is better than the competition without saying you use "more water"....how would you say it? I've been toying with lots of different pitches in my phone sales. The one I keep coming back to is that I remove more water than the competition, which equals more dirt!

What have you guys in the high flow world been using?

No one really answered my question, jim was the closest but it sounds cheesy. I already advertise all that other stuff, and I explain well over the phone the difference in what I provide, and I have a great reputation with many referrals. I just want to explain in a non scary way to people how much better my system alone cleans. Because, I am just past the O/O company moving into the employee world and I need to rely on my system more than I can say "the owner is on every job" etc.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
TimP said:
You can always advertise your new system with reasons why it's better. Its what fast food does every time something new comes out and I'm sure it gets a bunch of people in wanting to try that new thing. Of course I don't see people wanting to try a new method of cleaning carpet as a customer just to try it. But it will get you in their mind and if they need it and aren't thinking about it may get them to schedule.

I agree with you, and I think this would work. BECAUSE, every time a new cleaner comes to town with something new, I will have 5-10 customers who try them out, and then next year here they come back again....

Why can't I do the same?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
our system is better then most because we use the new 02 cleaning system that really deep cleans ..with that and in conjunction with our cleaning unit we are able to offer the high flow ability and that allows us to flush more dirt from the fiber and that gives you the client a cleaner brighter carpet.........

hows that ???

Mikey P

Administrator
I like to bring in my wand and let them read those tiny numbers on the V jets.

"See there Mam that there is six, go ahead an count em, 6 stainless steel 9504 beauties you're looking at. You can touch em if you want, go ahead they don't bite....."

That really impresses the ladies.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Jim Martin said:
our system is better then most because we use the new 02 cleaning system that really deep cleans ..with that and in conjunction with our cleaning unit we are able to offer the high flow ability and that allows us to flush more dirt from the fiber and that gives you the client a cleaner brighter carpet.........

hows that ???

o2 is not a cleaning system, its a cleaning product. That sounds great!

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Mikey P said:
I like to bring in my wand and let them read those tiny numbers on the V jets.

"See there Mam that there is six, go ahead an count em, 6 stainless steel 9504 beauties you're looking at. You can touch em if you want, go ahead they don't bite....."

That really impresses the ladies.

That sounds like Uncle Rico selling tupperware in Napolean Dynamite.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I wouldn't even try to explain high flow to a prospective customer. Just use the system and let your customers do the talking for you.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
"Though some of these machines can attain fairly high tempreatures, they cannot maintain the heat at the higher solution flow rates of the Powermatic. With each cleaning stroke the Powermatic will provide greater flushing action and superior cleaning under real world conditions."

This is taken in part from our brochure. There is more similar info on our website www.deltasteamway.com on the 'Equipment' page. All of it is in our brochure.

Loren

danpauselius

There are 2 questions you'll have to answer in order to use it as your USP.

1. What is the benefit of high flow to the customer?

2. Why should they care?

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
No, most of my customers say "what makes you different, I was happy with the last guy"

I don't have a problem getting customers over the phone, however I want to massively expand and I am looking for a USP that is based on the glide, and high flow wands. I have competition using the RDM as USP, and 1-2 hour dry times, I need to entice the phone call. I can get them when they are on the phone with me. The phone call needs to take place first.

I am thinking about something along the lines of "Due to precise and deliberate modifications to our mobile cleaning plant, it will deliver the hottest water and recover more than other machines our competition use. Couple this with our experience, attention to detail, and our desire to make you a customer for life, we know you will be happy with our superior cleaning and drying of your carpets"

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
if you can't dazzle them with excellence

baffle them with bullshit ????

lol jk it sounds .............ok
just yanking on your chain

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Jim Martin said:
if you can't dazzle them with excellence

baffle them with bullshit ????

lol jk it sounds .............ok
just yanking on your chain

Jim, would you word it differently?

I have no problem with people making fun of my ability. I have taught my fair share of classes, and am well known in the PNW for the things I have accomplished in the cleaning and restoration industry. So, continue on. I am sure my distributor gets a chuckle out of it.
action-smiley-023.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom