Using Too Much Water !!

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I dont really do alot of tile .. but when I do .. I cant believe how much water I go through !! Its just a hard surface. Not like thick carpeting which would benefit from a high flow flush !!

I understand the need for high pressure which seems to bring on more water. Seems it should be high pressure minimum flow. Which Im thinking the smallest tip/jet opening.

Tile cleaning should be a good detergent with a good rotating brush agitation and a light minimal rinse. Grout should be the good detergent, agitation with pin prick pressure washing with the least amount of flow.

What am I missing here?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I fill my 100 gallon tank in about 45 minutes. I never let go of the trigger with the pressure at 1500. The one time I wouldn't mind an apo. When we stop to shift furniture I open the dump so it's usually never a problem.

Name
cameron demille
try doing it with buckets of water and a wet vac. Grinding stone floors, we go through 8, 5 gallon buckets a day or so, and have to open the vac and empty by hand.

Name
Marcus
I disagree with minimum water flow....
I use a 5" wand with 7 flow......full throttle no triggering.
More water more detergent less scrubbing, but I do hove to scrub with a grout brush...should go through about 80 gallons per hour....
Shore best is the best grout cleaner I have used by far...works like an acid without the problems with acid....
Cap

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I disagree with minimum water flow....
I use a 5" wand with 7 flow......full throttle no triggering.
More water more detergent less scrubbing, but I do hove to scrub with a grout brush...should go through about 80 gallons per hour....
Shore best is the best grout cleaner I have used by far...works like an acid without the problems with acid....
Cap
Are you using 2370 tile cleaner?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
you must have an unending supply of master tile setters in your city
The only tile I've ever damaged the grout was with the wand. Right at the threshold. It was already loose but I got blamed. Easy enough to repair. Carry one color of grout, white, and multiple colors of stain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom