V/AT daily fuel usage is?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
for you large truck fellas with a V/AT, how much on a typical day are you spending in fuel just for the TM?

thanx --- Derek.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I have an AT...
The machine alone uses aprox. 1.7 gallons per hour.
The UD truck averages 12 miles to the gallon.
So it all depends on how much traveling to and from the job, and how long you spend cleaning on any given day. I hope that clarifies it for you a little.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
$30 - way less than i'd imagined. not bad at all.

thanx --- Derek.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
trying to figure daily usage is harder then you think ........way to many ups and downs..
If you have a job that is large and you calculate off of it you can come close.........

When I did my first dealership the truck set and ran for 7 hours....
I filled the tank up right before I got there and used less then a half of a tank of gas.......

I refilled after I was done and calculated the machine hours and the mileage to the house and it all came out to about what Vortex reports it should be....Approx $5.50 per machine hour..........Based on the $2.809 per gal of gas....so for that day it cost me approx $35.00 in fuel

we have tracked-our gas mileage ever since we started the business and the CDS and the Vortex are pretty close to being the same.....

We got our fuel tax rebate on the Vortex this year for $130.00 from the state and $151.00 from the federal....... and that was for 6 months of usage and we are getting ready to put in another one

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Thirty to forty dollars is a fair estimate on a full day, but as I stated before, It does vary a lot. Just like our daily production varies.
I had a Hydramaster 4.8 CDS and a 4.2 slide-in prior to this truck,
I think the fuel consumption for the CDS was about the same, and the slide-in was about 7-10 dollars a day cheaper.
It's really hard to be more accurate when every job, drive time, degree of soiling varies so much job to job, day to day.
A 1 job day might be $230.00 and only drive 10 miles round trip...use 12.50 in fuel...( off by noon)...A 3 job day 1011.00 and lots of travel you might drive 150 miles might cost $ 75.00 in fuel ( and not get home till 7:00p.m.). So I think $30-40.00 is a fair average 8 hour day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom