Vac Blower Grease

Do they make different qualities of high temperture grease for my blower? Been buying from local parts store. Manufacturer(Butler) says grease once a month. Looking for product to remain in machine more. I have been lubricating every 2 weeks now. They only have one product at parts store, just thought I would ask. Thanks, Ron

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
My old back up unit has a 20 year old Roots 45 and many hrs without a problem. I used Slick 50 Teflon grease in it. I'm sure there is something else similar around. I think the last tube I bought came from Auto Zone.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ronald;

Use a high-temp bearing grease to prevent the grease from becoming too thin and leaking out.

The blower should go a couple of months before adding grease.

Is the blower running hot?

Larry Cobb

Thank You both for your response, Is the blower running hot? I don't know how to tell, I Run the unit on mach 2 pretty much all the time. So its a maxed out truckmount. Ron

Rex Tyus

It is better to over grease than under grease. If your manufacturer recommends once a month then that is what you should do. From what I under stand Butler plumbs their blowers with adequate sized intake material. It is probably not over heating unless something is wrong with your vac relief. Hopefully you are not using their live action vac reel though. You can get get the specs on the grease from a Butler owners manual holder and then match it up at the auto parts store. Larry is right it will be a high temp bearing grease.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Hi Ron, I have a Butler with heat and the 47 blower. I use Pneulube lithium complex grease, it's what Butler recommends. ( http://pneumatics.tuthill.com )

I also grease the blower every couple of weeks and it usually takes a couple of pumps of the grease gun to get the grease to push out of the blower. I am sure there is plenty of grease in the blower to last a month or more but topping it off every couple of weeks is easy to do so why not?
I run at mach II for carpet all the time. Big difference in performance in my opinion.

Hi Keven, I tend to do a good deal of ceramic. Do you think when using the hybrid turbo at mach 2 with a 1.5 inch hose whip, contributes to the problem? Also when I come to a set of steps or a couch, I do not turn the machine down. Just switch tools quickly, then move on. All that power for the upholstery tool only might be causing the blower to run hot like Larry said earlier. When I talked with Butler they said just buy a synthetic high temp grease, but I will get the brand name you specified. Thanks, Ron

Johnnyone

Larry

When should I grease my blower. It just about stopped letting the grease out. It looked like a lite blue.

What did the manufacture put in?

What you are recommending is compatible with what already in the blower?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Johnnyone;

Just give the two grease inserts a couple of pumps when you change the engine oil.

A synthetic hi-temp grease will work just fine.

Larry Cobb

jeg1983

I have a question about this. I always had my machine serviced by some one but I do not want to take it to Seattle to have the Blower Greased. There is a place on the front of the machine that says Blower Oiler. Is that how I grease the blower? Or do I grease the blower on the blower? Sorry this sounds like such a stupid question but I just do not want to do it wrong. I appriciate any help!

Thanks,
Jamie

Greenie

Jamie, the lube port on the front of your Genie is where you spray the WD-40, this has less to do with "lubing" as it's intended to displace the moisture inside your blower so the iron won't rust.

The blower case has oil on the gear side, and grease zirks (nipples) on the bearing side, some (double splash blowers) have oil on both sides hence the double splash name, and have no grease zirks at all cause they don't need em.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
The ideal period for lubing a blower is every 100 hours. Sometimes, that can be a pain, as any "hourly" task can be, when you have a business to run.

A carpet care person typically puts about 25 hours of machine time a week on his or her system, based upon a 40 hour work week, from what I've seen. With that in mind, setting up a monthly, or every 4- week routine makes things much simpler.

Changing the oil on a motor, on the other hand, is a 50- hour task, so every 2- weeks is a good equivalent, IMO.

Duane

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom