Value added sevice

Chris A

Name
Chris
"the illusion of care/concern" for your customer's furnishings...

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Jerry McMahon said:
What would be some good examples of value added sevice?

Jerry,
There are really too many to list. The best description would be to take the baseline expectations of your customer and then everything that exceeds those expectations would be VAS.

We talk a lot about these at www.strategiesforsuccess.com

Mikey P

Administrator
VAS for me is chit chatting with the customer.

Be real, be concerned, share some referrals for your fellow tradesmen the client may need, talk about your/their kids.

Makes sure the first timers know they hired a well formulated adult and not a goofy kid who has to up sell scotchgArd on every job or Greg Cole will fire him.

Do you think that filling station attendant was trying to give some VAS?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Rofl! VAS is more than talking a good game to the customer. It is exceeding their expectations. And for the record- you are right - if you can't schlep scotchgard - you are gone.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
VAS for me is chit chatting with the customer.

Be real, be concerned, share some referrals for your fellow tradesmen the client may need, talk about your/their kids.

Makes sure the first timers know they hired a well formulated adult and not a goofy kid who has to up sell scotchgArd on every job or Greg Cole will fire him.

Do you think that filling station attendant was trying to give some VAS?

I concur

Jerry McMahon

Loooks like the (r) (sevice) wasnt working on my keyboard. :?

Thanks for the replys, gave me a few more ideas.

I have a big dry erasor board in the office area that i like to dribble on once a month. My guys have no choice but to walk by it 3 or 4 times a day. This month the heading is yup you guessed it (value added service)

This is what i had before i posted.

Prevacume
Vacume all edges with an edging tool
Wipe down all floor base
Furniture tabs
Clean entry mats for free
Groom the carpet

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
To express care and concern in spoken and unspoken ways and give the customer the illusion of control.
Al

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
the above tips (corner guards, booties, pre-vac, educate) are (should be) mandatory for a quality operation. As Mikey said, being personalbe with the custy helps...we've all had the custy that won't shut the hell up now-n-then...but overall, i love talking with my custy's...by the end of the job they feel like they've made a new friend (me too) that they can trust.

P.S. One thing that i would NEVER try...pulling up in a pick-up truck...your guys got that covered right Greg. Bunch of hacks!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom