Value of the big truck

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
You just can't underestimate the value of a large truck (Isuzu, cube van etc.) with impressive signage. We have 3 Isuzu's with 15' boxes. They have great signs (like a wrap but not technically). When I go by a big job and see 2 or 3 of them there I think "Hey these guys are serious". I bid a job today that was a trashed vandalized rental. The owner said 3 other cleaning firms had declined the job and said I was the only guy to call. The weird part is that I didn't know any of them and had never met them. Bottom line 950 sf of carpet in an empty house for 650.00. She didn't hesitate to say yes. Of course that is not our regular price, but this place was pretty bad. We will probably add another 1200 with some tile cleaning and Sheetrock repair. I just love this business.
Al

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
so .68 a ft??

ummm is there radiation?? or some type of material that would kill you??

I mean i am all for making money...but i dont feel comfortable NOT using the Vaseline

Greenie

Seems reasonable to me, I would double my regular charges in a heartbeat if I thought I needed to.

GRHeacock

Trashed places need to be charged way more than standard jobs.

One case I remember clearly was so bad, it took me an hour to pick up- and shovel- stuff off the carpet before it could be vacuumed.

Once it was vacuumed, another hour for that, -then fix tears in the carpet, and refasten 20 or 30 feet where it had been pulled away from the wall before cleaning, apply solvents to the grease where a motorcycle had been overhauled in the living room, etc.

I don't remember the fee I charged, but the time factor for a 900 sq ft apartment was about 4 hours.

I made line items for each of the problems- which the owner was happy to pay in order to have it ready to rent again.

Gary

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well now see gary thats different...i was under the impression to just clean it...

hogjowl

Idiot™
LOL ... yeah, I recommend charging extra for cleaning ... er ... windows. Yeah, if you don't believe me, then just wait until the first time you have to mow the grass just to get to the windows, and then trim the hedges, replace broken window panes and paint the trim.

Yep ... if you guys ain't charging extra for cleaning really dirty windows, then you just ain't smart like me and Gary.

And don't even get me started on installing carpets just so you can clean them.

danpauselius

We had to clear out a 3-400 foot long driveway to access a house for a water damage job this past winter. At least I had seen it once already and knew enough to load up the BIG snow blower. Took 3 hours to get it good enough to drive up, if I remember right.

Made the insurance company pay for it.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Hey we are not a super high priced operation living in a county of 70K and a town of 26K. Out regular price for vacant places are about .20 to .25 with a 125.00 minimum but it is a time and materials thing.
Al

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
For a rental often times the price of the job can be passed on to the renter's deposit.

Charge what you are worth. The owner gets free cleaning.

I did a rental last week and charged $200.00 for red removal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom