VALVE EXHAUST DIVERTER

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I have a Boxer 421 (900 hours) that is unable to consistently maintain a temp over 170. (I use A GREENHORN WITH 5 .O1 jets at 300-400 Psi.) Supposedly these machines are capable of over 200 deg. Is there any possibility the diverter valve is malfunctioning? When heat mode is engaged i can still feel exhaust coming from the engine exhaust pipe. Should there be any exhaust coming from this pipe with the diverter is disengaged? I am still unfamiliar with many of the inner workings of this machine. If someone with knowledge of the 421 could explain how the divertor system is supposed to work I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I have tons of problems with the heat on my 421. Too damn many sensors.
My machine gets too hot and has been bursting the line between the HX and high pressure manifold.
The diverter actuator (piston type rod) should be in the down position when you engage the diverter switch.
You should not feel exhaust coming from the small pipe then.
When disengaged it should rise back to the top position. (The machine must be under load for this to happen, simply place your hand over the vacuum inlet).
If the actuator is going up and down there is something internaly wrong within the HX. (not opening inside).
The manual says to check and adjust the linkage as neccessary.
I am actually getting new air hoses for the actuator today because mine is not coming back up without a little assistance, that is why my water is getting so hot.
I would give my left leg and machine for something simpler like a Judson.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I took apart the linkage from the actuator to the diverter so I could verify the diverter wasnt defective and turns out the diverter is good but the way in which the actuater bracket was bolted to the diverter wouldnt allow the diverter to completly close so exhaust was allways escaping thru the exhaust port. So I just moved the bolt to the second hole on the bracket and its now completly closing. I get a max of 230 deg before the diverter kicks in. I imagine this is as was designed? Is there a switch somewhere that would allow 240 deg before diverting exhaust? Or would this be defeated by some other system that dumps water into the tank at certain temp? Id like to run higher flow thru the wand if possible and maintain a 200 or better temp.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom