Van Stalls??

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Hydramaster cds 4.8 running off the Chevy Express..... For the first time, van shut down as working. Went out started fine, no dashboard warnings. I noticed it knocking a little as driving. I had the coil and plugs replaced back in June and that went great.... They als0 cleaned and treated the fulel system.
Yesterday, Van shut off 2 times. Start and good.
Is this as simple as putting premium gas in to fix? Any advice appreciated.....

FredC

Village Idiot
What do you mean knocking? Like spark knock/early detonation? That is the only thing premium fuel might help.

Of course you could have got some bad gas.

When is it stalling exactly? Under load? Straight shut down or bog down first?

Hard to give any advice other than check fuel/air/spark and any safety shutdowns (like neutral safety) try and get it to happen under controlled conditions where you are monitoring and can narrow it down.

Maybe plug in a scanner and see if there are any pending codes that haven't set off the cel

edit: last time one of my vehicles was stalling it was the coolant temperature switch. Not suggesting that may be the case here just that without more info it could be a lot of stuff

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Hydramaster cds 4.8 running off the Chevy Express..... For the first time, van shut down as working. Went out started fine, no dashboard warnings. I noticed it knocking a little as driving. I had the coil and plugs replaced back in June and that went great.... They als0 cleaned and treated the fulel system.
Maybe the float is going bad?

Penny jumper bypass.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
What do you mean knocking? Like spark knock/early detonation? That is the only thing premium fuel might help.

Of course you could have got some bad gas.

When is it stalling exactly? Under load? Straight shut down or bog down first?

Hard to give any advice other than check fuel/air/spark and any safety shutdowns (like neutral safety) try and get it to happen under controlled conditions where you are monitoring and can narrow it down.

Maybe plug in a scanner and see if there are any pending codes that haven't set off the cel

edit: last time one of my vehicles was stalling it was the coolant temperature switch. Not suggesting that may be the case here just that without more info it could be a lot of stuff
It stalled as I was operating the CDS 4.8. 3 times in all. Straight shut down, (i was cleaning and it happened quick, did not actually hear the van shut down,didnt seem like it bogged, but not100 percent) (medium speed, 500psi) did not run the machine for a solid week,due to the Texas multi-surface course, maybe sitting that long could cause a fuel problem?
The sound is "marbles", not that bad, as I drive. Kind of like when I brought it in to have the coil and plugs replaced in June.
I did fill up with Super and it is not getting worse, maybe better. No more stalls.
Thanks fot input....

SamIam

Name
sam miller
not sure what that is.
The float in the waste tank it has a plug into the machine?

On prochems you unplug the float and connect to two pins on the machine side plug to create a connection.

If the float is going bad this will solve your problem until you can replace the float

scotty747

The float will shut down the cds, not the van. Low oil, or bad low oil sensor will do that. It starts back up when the oil runs back down to the sensor.

Reactions: SamIam

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
The float in the waste tank it has a plug into the machine?

On prochems you unplug the float and connect to two pins on the machine side plug to create a connection.

If the float is going bad this will solve your problem until you can replace the float
This is a direct drive, and the van itself stalled.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
So not when your cleaning ?

Just loss of power and boom back to running normal?
Yes, the van was running fine, anb as Iwas cleaning and just turned off. It did not happen anymore since.....

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Yes, the van was running fine, anb as Iwas cleaning and just turned off. It did not happen anymore since.....
If there's to much load on the clutch the van will shut off, safety feature

Reactions: Mike J

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
If there's to much load on the clutch the van will shut off, safety feature
rut ro, that got my attention. Also, there is a sensor of some sort that is a tube with a screen on end. Air intake as a safety if you roll the van, I think. It was kinda clogged up with dust. I did clear that,

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
rut ro, that got my attention. Also, there is a sensor of some sort that is a tube with a screen on end. Air intake as a safety if you roll the van, I think. It was kinda clogged up with dust. I did clear that,
Will my sapphire had that feature not sure the cds does.

I've heard that major flood extraction can burn a clutch out.

So maybe that's a new feature

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom