VCT blotchy/spotty finish.. Need repair tips!

StayFresh252

Name
Jose Vega
Greetings,

We recently dabbled with strip and wax as part of a new cleaning contract. We had done similar jobs but with concrete. This current job was on VCT. The finished look was great except where you can see some spots as if the wax didn't take on in the kitchen area. Pictures wouldn't have been much help here but you can imagine a glossy floor with dull spots. It's not overwhelming but certainly noticeable. Why did that happen? And more importantly, how can we fix it? Is it a total do-over or is there a spot by spot solution?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Usually incomplete removal of the old finish. It will turn hazy under the new finish. Needs to be stripped, rinsed and neutralized again before putting on new finish.

Reactions: Condog

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Honestly, it’s hard to discern the issue without seeing and most times being there. But, the way I repair imperfections is to go over troubled spot with a dry spp pad. I use a square scub, but you can also use a 13” or regular 175. I do it dry on that spot or area only so it’s contained. Who wants to redo a floor you’ve already done🤷🏼‍♂️

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom