VCT Floors I did since I had requests for pictures

TimP

IMG_4159.jpg

This was an area we didn't do ( the main area was worse than this room since it wasn't being used for customers)

IMG_4160.jpg

These are areas are we did next to an area we didn't for a contrast I know it might be a bit sloppy but no customers saw this area

IMG_4161.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

IMG_4163.jpg

IMG_4164.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

IMG_4166.jpg

IMG_4167.jpg

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
looks nice

you didn't put that plastic sheet cover over the wax in that mop bucket did you, or was it a bucket liner

any more I just get the wax in gallon jugs and use a micro fiber wax mop

TimP

steve frasier said:
looks nice

you didn't put that plastic sheet cover over the wax in that mop bucket did you, or was it a bucket liner

any more I just get the wax in gallon jugs and use a micro fiber wax mop

I put some trash bags in there as a liner but so far they never hold all the wax in the bag.

Also the place I bought my stuff from was totaly anti microfiber and I just got enough to get started, as I make some money I'll update with microfiber and all that. I'm sure it will make application better and more smoothly.

TimP

floorguy said:
not bad...how you liking that machine??

The typhoon? It's ok, i probably need the squeegy kit to push it around and suck stuff up but I'm waiting on more jobs to do that. Right now I squeegy it to a side while my wife sucks it up. It's time consuming but probably less so than moping it up. I probably went through around 30 gallons of slurry and rinse.

The worst thing about the whole job was the edges and corners. Stripping the center was very easy with the cimex. I gravity fed the stripper to the whole room then would come back and go over it one time after the stripper dwelled and that's all it took for sure. We could of gotten done faster if I had another doodle bug and another scraper blade.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ahhh yes the detail work.....

its what slows you down the most

TimP

These people had someone supposedly strip and wax the place before and they said there was no comparison to the job I did compared to the last one. The corners and edges were noticed right away. The shine is something they hadn't seen on the floor ever. I think most people who do vct around here put 2 maybe 3 coats on in the beginning and most if not all never do a complete strip, just scrub recoat and call it a strip job. And I seriously doubt any buffers are used in a scrub job. One guy around here that I know of that does this work, I've never seen have a buffer.

Supersucker

I find it hard to sell for the amount I want but when you when you really put in the time to detail everything it looks awesome and the customer cannot be happier.
I have run into some poorly maintained floors that took forever; I had one that four of us worked on all weekend and had to come back the following Wednesday to do an area in an adjacent building (we were supposed to have gotten it all on the weekend). The customer could have cared less after seeing the results.
I finally got it down to where we could make fairly good time but still never invested in equipment for higher productivity. But I can tell a commercial customer that we can handle their tile floors, too.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I always use the aerosol stripper for the corners and edges and a corner and grout brush. Seems to work. The other people probably did a scrub and wax.
looks great

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom