VCT HELP

Donwand

Supportive Member
Name
Brian
I have a regular carpet cleaning client who asked me to wax their new VCT floors in the office. I told them I would do it, but my gut was telling me no.
My question is this: These tiles have been installed just a couple weeks ago. Is it necessary to strip the floors prior to waxing or can I just apply floor wax?
The job is about a total 1100SF made up of 12 heavily furnished offices mostly light stuff but there are some very heavy tables and copy printers.
They expect me to move everything do the job and move furniture back in once completed.

Also, VCT is not my specialty, would anyone have pricing suggestions on this job?
I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Brian

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yes you do have to strip them but with no build up it won't be too hard. You may not even need to machine it. Price depends on sf . I start at $1 but drop it if it's a big area. I juzt booked 8000 sf at .75. I'd charge extra for moving the furniture. Burnish when done.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Yeah, I wouldn't use stripper and still am not all that great with VCT. It would be looking nice when I finish with NO stripper breathed in!

Reactions: Mikey P

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
LEAVE THE DESKS
scrub with a diluted stripper there is a coating on new tile that needs to be removed
easy buck a ft would be in line with that sounds like a lot of moving furn

Reactions: Willy P

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Without seeing the condition of the floor right now and without knowing how it has been maintained in the few weeks it has been down, I would agree that Ray and Russ are on target. Mild neutral cleaner and blue or green pad will remove the factory coating and any marks on the floor since installation.

Don't over use water on a new floor.

After cleaning and rinsing, apply a few coats of a quality finish. What finish and how many coats is determined by how much use it gets and how it will be maintained.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Yes.

I bought a pretty inexpensive Rubbermaid application kit with microfiber pads. I really like the control it gives me. I prefer it over the standard finish mops.

Reactions: J Scott W

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I would use a light stripper, especially being a rookie.

Probably would charge a lot, furniture is a real pain because you have to wait for finish to dry.
Total time waster.

.75 and up

Reactions: Willy P
Back
Top Bottom