VCT Spray & Buff?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Lately I have been getting quite a bit of VCT work. At first, I was subbing it out to a guy I know because I'm not great at it and I had a ton of CGD to be cleaning while he did the tile. Well, I know the $ that can be made with VCT so I went ahead and bought a 175. In the couple weeks of owning it, I've already paid for the equipment a few times over. I have more work coming up the next couple weekends and want to be smart. Several of the areas are small bathrooms that already look pretty good. Do I do a full strip/wax in a case like that? I've heard of a product called Spray & Buff. Can that be used followed by a buffing pad? These bathrooms are pretty small for a guy like me to be swinging his new 175 around in, slinging stripper all over the place. What do I do in these small, confined spaces that already look really good? I guess I just want to polish them up really good if that's possible.

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
if its in a small space and looks pretty good...not much unless you top scrub it and recoat...other then that, you run the risk of screwing it up, but running something around in there

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
With questions like this pictures would be the best. A few variables out there that toss you a curve ball. I would say a scrubb and redcoats should be a pretty safe call.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
There are tons of videos on youtube demonstrating how to do what you're asking about. I did the bathrooms in a franchise and got pretty good at working in the confines of small areas. It will take you a few times to get proficient at it but you'll get there. So when the floors already look good and you want to make them look better? Well sweep then mop then apply a coat of finish. Or sweep, mop and run your 175 with a red pad under it. The spray buff stuff will help but only a really good version of that type of product will make that big of a difference.

There is a product called Super Shine All that is made for that and you just mop with it then run your 175 after the floor dries. For what it's worth that stuff works on wood floors too.

Reactions: Russ T.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
If you have large areas to do invest in a propane burnisher, it will do the job in 1/4 the time. Also you can use windex as a substitute for spray buff but you usually need to go over it twice. If they're smaller areas you can make decent (way better than a 175) time with an electric burnisher.

Here is a link to some stuff that may help you out... Admittedly I sell it but I also used it in my own business. And right now I have a sweet sale going on to boot:
http://encapstore.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=26

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom