VCT Stripper

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Im newer to the VCT work and feel like my work has improved a lot but sometimes it seems like the old finish fights me in the removal process. Ive tried a few different products but wanted to see what you guys are using? Is there a product, that wont kill me, that you guys love to use for stripping? Ill be using a @100 pound 175 with black stripping pad. I dont have a tank on it but normally mix in a bucket and apply with a mop. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Russ

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I am also very new to this. I have done a lot of research on this and from the schooling I got is that a brush made for stripping will work better and will not plug up like pads do.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I am also very new to this. I have done a lot of research on this and from the schooling I got is that a brush made for stripping will work better and will not plug up like pads do.

I'll have to look into said brush...thanks Mardie.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Im newer to the VCT work and feel like my work has improved a lot but sometimes it seems like the old finish fights me in the removal process. Ive tried a few different products but wanted to see what you guys are using? Is there a product, that wont kill me, that you guys love to use for stripping? Ill be using a @100 pound 175 with black stripping pad. I dont have a tank on it but normally mix in a bucket and apply with a mop. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Russ

Might need a little more dwell time, maybe break it up a little bit with the mop before you start scrubbing. We like the purple "dominator" pads for stripping and either betco/johnson for products, just my preference. The local distributor has a great stripper but the smell is toxic so betco extreme is the only one we use right now even though it is much more money. Some of it depends on what you have access to, shipping for floor care products can become expensive, we only buy local.

Only like the brushes for stripping with the propane machines not a fan with the 175rpm.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

Russ

Russ a good idea is usually do a search in the search feature. This board is so deep w content it has been answered before then get new opinions on products. Then all the responses you will get will be about specific products. In this thread I am attaching some of the best minds on the board have answered and may not frequent the hardsurface rooms because we didn;t really have one at the beginning. Good Luck I use supersonic and bettco extreme http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showthread.php?236963-Best-Floor-Stripper

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Russ a good idea is usually do a search in the search feature. This board is so deep w content it has been answered before then get new opinions on products. Then all the responses you will get will be about specific products. In this thread I am attaching some of the best minds on the board have answered and may not frequent the hardsurface rooms because we didn;t really have one at the beginning. Good Luck I use supersonic and bettco extreme http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showthread.php?236963-Best-Floor-Stripper

I appreciate that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yes a brush is the only way to go on strips....pads for scrubs....

and a lot of time it is trial and error, to see what works....

mostly because some of the chem lines can be regional

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom