vct tile question

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
went out to look at a tile job (it will be first one)just wondering how much to strip and reapply
a new wax finish its about 400 sq. ft any help would be apreciat
warren wallace

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Bare in mind it will take about 5 hours... What do you need to make on it.... I maintain a $400 minimum... I'm sure other are cheaper & others are higher.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There are a lot of variables - What conditionis the floor in now? If there are many layers of old finish to strip, it can be a long slow process.
How many obstacles in the way or is it an open floor?
How many coats of finish will you be reapplying?

If you have more details, we may be able to better answer.

I agree that a minimum charge of about $400 is right. Even if the strip goes quickly, you still spend time waiting between coats of finish.

Scott Warrington

M

Mark Imbesi

Sorry dont have answers, but wanted to jump in with a few more questions.

Can you speed dry the finish w/fans?

Is this service better performed w/a 175 rather than an OP?

Thanks and sorry for the hijack.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have done a ton of floor work. Pricing should be a minimum charge of $300+ and 30-40 cent per sq ft. I would use a 17” or 19” slow speed machine. You can rent them by the day. I would try to take someone with you that has done this before or allow some extra time. I would not use fans, you don’t want allot of dust in the finish. You can speed drying times by adjusting the thermostat. Turn fan to ON and the AC on.

Good Luck

Mike.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
damn, around here if i quoted 400 square feet i would say $250. but i would get beat out by all the little guys floating around where i live. everyone thinks they are a professional

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Can you speed dry the finish w/fans?

Yes, BUT you have to wait until it is completely leveled & tacky or you can blow ripples into it.

Is this service better performed w/a 175 rather than an OP?

An OP machine will do fine. However, they sling the slurry all over... I use a 20" rotary or a throttled down propane.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom