Vinyl Faux Wood

Farenheit251

Anybody have experience with these vinyl strips that look like wood. Ive seen it in a couple places and thought it looked real nice. Actually couldn't tell it wasn't real. I have a high end prop man company that occasionally replaces carpet with laminate when it is just one room and matching carpet would be difficult. Thinking of recommending they look into this vinyl instead as it seems more durable and resistant to water leaks.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
We put those strips in our gym and they look nice. They do seem to damage a little easier then regular vinyl in my opinion. They are also very easy to pull up, much easier then regular vinyl squares. I don't know if the glue is not as strong or there is something different about my concrete. I'd do it again.
DSC02777.jpg

Gene

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
What you can do is after the install, recommend they put a clear coat of poly on it. I've seen finished basements with this stuff. They rip out the carpet after a water loss, and replace with it. Put 1 or 2 coats of clear poly on it, and its dang near water proof. I've seen a few live through multiple losses as the water wasn't able to penetrate through. They were smaller losses, but still.

If you're up to it, you could offer to poly coat it for them. Just use a hard wood finish system(the swiffer like applicator)

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Ours get wet all the time because the backyard floods. It doesn't hurt them. We pull them up and let the cement dry and replace the same one. These are vinyl, I don't think you would want to put poly on them that would defeat the purpose of vinyl.

Gene

Farenheit251

We have mostly concrete subfloors here-that is why I would leave them down. In all honesty laminate usually stays down on small losses(I know). They are rental houses and it is not my call. Thats why I would like to get away from laminate. I've had competitors come behind me and dry laminate (???) after I said it can't be done. Usually they get away with it.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Brian,

I don't know anything about floods. I'm probably the only carpet cleaner who doesn't do them. One corner of the gym routinely goes under water. It was originally a patio and the yard slopes towards the house so when it rains under it goes. I pull them up and 3 or 4 days later I put them back down and they are fine. One advantage to the strips is they are easy to pull up. If you use solid then I could see a problem. Their is no evidence of mold. My wife wants me to put in a sump pump outside in the corner or a french drain. I'll probably do one or the other.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom