VLM questions

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I'll be cleaning "Flor" carpet tiles installed on engineered flooring for a massage parlor. Not the Naught kind. lol
The main problem will be spilled baby oil and soil. Needs to dry fast so that the cleaning doesn't effect operational hours.

Should I start with scrubbing pads followed by damp pads to "rinse' and then Dry pads to dry?
Should the pads be damp or dry?

8-9ph encap or 4-5ph oxy encap?
Is post vacuuming required?

Any other insights?

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
What are you using? Of course your pads need to be wet. If you prespray and scrub that’ll do it. I would be using a Cimex and laying down Punch directly. Then use microfiber pad with a vibe. If you’re using an OP only, use the pad first, then a bonnet.
You know we’re not really cleaning that way, right😉

Reactions: AlienAgent

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I use those products because that’s what I’m used to and they work well for me. I’m sure most of the other Encap brands are good. I know VacAway is. TOPS too for that matter.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ignore the Cimex hack

Prespray with TOPSSPOT, scrub with a brown 3m Fiber Pad, extract with a microfiber(blue/agro strips) that you misted with your PHX jets, then follow up with a dry Glad to get the last 10% up..

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton
Ignore the Cimex hack

Prespray with TOPSSPOT, scrub with a brown 3m Fiber Pad, extract with a microfiber(blue/agro strips) that you misted with your PHX jets, then follow up with a dry Glad to get the last 10% up..
A $49.00 a gallon RTU prespray?

The Cimex Hack has a good suggestion. Solvent-heavy "Punch" is a good pre-spray. I would use DS2 slightly heavy to add more polymers to deal with reducing wickback.

If I were to attack the situation, I would pre spot the oils with Vacaway Spot-n-Boost (straight, and soaked deeply and blotted dry) then OP with a high-PH encap spray, then (since glue down squares usually have little to no knap, I would use dry cotton pads to buff and speed-dry to avoid wicking.

Reactions: Mikey P

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton
I'll be cleaning "Flor" carpet tiles installed on engineered flooring for a massage parlor. Not the Naught kind. lol
The main problem will be spilled baby oil and soil. Needs to dry fast so that the cleaning doesn't effect operational hours.

Should I start with scrubbing pads followed by damp pads to "rinse' and then Dry pads to dry?
Should the pads be damp or dry?

8-9ph encap or 4-5ph oxy encap?
Is post vacuuming required?

Any other insights?
Once you have cleaned, the damp carpet squares (if they are low knap) can take the initial dry pad startup without damaging the carpet fibers. Place some weight on the handles to reduce weight on the head when you start up with dry pads or it might take off on you! I do not recommend using dry pads on anything over 1/4 inch knap to avoid blooming a carpet.

Reactions: Mikey P

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Some good suggestions above. (1) Encap-Punch will penetrate and loosen the oils from the fiber. (2) followed by Encap-Clean DS2. The polymer in Encap-Clean DS2 is very “oil loving”.

That combination should do a terrific job for you. And Microfiber Scrub bonnets on an orbital machine would work great.

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton
For a prespray its 4 to 6 ounces per gallon

For a spotter its 12 ounces

For a incredible gunk, funk and **** and glue remover you can use it 50'50 or straight, it wont re-soil or delaminate no matter what.
I never read the secondary purpose of a general cleaner for TOPSPOT before. I know that Vacaway Spot n Boost has directions as a booster. Sadly, I have never noticed a marked difference using it that way. It seems highly effective undiluted, but underwhelming benefits diluted. In theory, adding a Butyl concentrate to a non-butyl prespray should make a difference, but the amount I would have to use to make that much of a difference is cost prohibitive. TOPS is a good spotter, and it seems like it is about the same as Spot n Boost diluted out with added ammonia. If you are in a situation where a boost is needed, and the ammonia smell will not bring objections, ammonia does a good job of boosting prespray.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom