Vortex 777 PTO/RPM problem

steampro

Name
Ryan
I can hear the blower rpms dropping at random times, whats weird is it drops to a specific point insantly, the same point every time by the sound of it, then goes back up. It does not sound at all like when belts are slipping. Ive watched the engine rpm guage and when the blower drops you would expect from the sound that the rpms would drop from 1600 to about 1000 or less, but the engine rpms actually go up to about 2000. Then when the blower jumps back up to normal, the gauge jumps back down to 1600. Im going to try and take a video of the rpms so that you can see and hear what im talking about. Its even doing it while its sitting idle.

Thanks for the help

Name
George Valliant
It sounds like the opposite of what my V was doing. My blower and engine rpm's would drop a few hundred then back to 1500.

It sounds like your rpm's go up then back down. More indicative of slippage.

I'm sure you checked the pto selonoid screens and fluid levels.

Anything smell like its smoked?

steampro

Name
Ryan
Nope nothing burning, I've never checked the solenoid screens before, I'll check it out tomorrow and update. Thanks

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
You may have already fixed this problem and Im not sure if this is a fix to your problem but i will fill you in anyway. I had kind of the same prob with my 777. My rpms would drop after a while and it was the throtle actuator. it would get hot and throw the voltage off causing it to slow the idle down. I was told that later models of the 777 had the electronic throtle control replaced by a cable instead. i ended up using my pto throtle knob on the dash to set rpms. hope this helps

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom