Wannabe needs direction on portable extractors

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd watch your dollars as it begins to creep up there you'd be money ahead with a TM, even if it's an electric from Mytee or Terry Brevik.

Quinn

So. I am still curious about the steamin Demon since they have endorsement from shaw ind. and have the gold seal of approval from CRI. Has anybody here had or ever used one? What are the Negatives. And has anybody used the CFX from Rotovac, Apparently they have no seal of aspproval from the CRI or they would have mentioned it. And what do you think of the CRI. Are they simply paid to give you a level of grading of the Seal of aspproval. AS an installer I think CRI can eat Sh**

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Pain in the ass to setup, once setup easier than a standard portable. Demon also has trouble with foam, foam bogs down the system much more than it would a regular portable.

The biggest issue with a demon in place of a true portable is it's really not portable. You must be connected to a water source, you must be within reach of a drain.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
So. I am still curious about the steamin Demon since they have endorsement from shaw ind. and have the gold seal of approval from CRI.

plenty of polyticz involved in the whole seal of approval thingie .
It's all horseshit anyway, cause a good or bad job is 99% contingent on the operator's skill and knowledge ... not the equipment

as far as the S-Demon, it's bad enough being tethered to cords indoors .
Now add water and drain lines .
not to mention homes and empties with multi-level floors.
Disconnect, carry all the chit upstairs, re-connect ...fck all that

with a porty, you can leave it at the bottom of the stairs and just add a length of vac hose and solution line .

The Demon is an "OK" machine for some applications , but a porty and wand is far more versatile and just as good for cleaning

And has anybody used the CFX from Rotovac,

I haven't and don't know anything about their machine...it may very well be a good one..but I'll not buy a damn thing from them.
I have a hard on for the whole Rotovac company in general.
They love to see guys like you (no experience/rookies) cause they'll convince you to buy every piece of equipment they can ...whether you need it or not

..L.T.A.

Quinn

Erskine Allin said:
So. I am still curious about the steamin Demon since they have endorsement from shaw ind. and have the gold seal of approval from CRI.

plenty of polyticz involved in the whole seal of approval thingie .
It's all horseshit anyway, cause a good or bad job is 99% contingent on the operator's skill and knowledge ... not the equipment

as far as the S-Demon, it's bad enough being tethered to cords indoors .
Now add water and drain lines .
not to mention homes and empties with multi-level floors.
Disconnect, carry all the chit upstairs, re-connect ...fck all that

with a porty, you can leave it at the bottom of the stairs and just add a length of vac hose and solution line .

The Demon is an "OK" machine for some applications , but a porty and wand is far more versatile and just as good for cleaning

[quote:1hcwbfhr]And has anybody used the CFX from Rotovac,

I haven't and don't know anything about their machine...it may very well be a good one..but I'll not buy a damn thing from them.
I have a hard on for the whole Rotovac company in general.
They love to see guys like you (no experience/rookies) cause they'll convince you to buy every piece of equipment they can ...whether you need it or not
It is true that I am a rookie who has never even cleaned carpet. I am an installer and sick of it. I am willing to learn the cleaning business, but every company claims they have the best. I dont want a machine that isn't worth a crap, especially when I'm searching for something that is the real deal. But if it is really about how good the person operating the machine versus the machine, why does Mytee M5 DS or DX even matter. And isn't the longer the hose the less cfm's? OK. So what about the Eclypse who claims 230 and higher water lift 3 stage vac's. Are they reputable. I just want a powerful portable, that doesn't need a bucket brigade to empty and fill the damn macine. TM,s are too expensive for me and I live in a freezing state. Don't you have trouble with keeping tanks from freezing,and the cost of gas for you truck, trucks. Seems like a lot of maintainance to keep every thing up to par.

..L.T.A.[/quote:1hcwbfhr]

Name
Lee Stockwell
Best to keep your reply OUTSIDE the quoted area, either before or after. Hard to distinguish otherwise.

Portables have similar freezing issues to TMs, unless you bring them inside.

Quinn

Lee Stockwell said:
Best to keep your reply OUTSIDE the quoted area, either before or after. Hard to distinguish otherwise.

Portables have similar freezing issues to TMs, unless you bring them inside.
Yea, I scrambled it in there. Rookie mistake

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
It is true that I am a rookie who has never even cleaned carpet.

there's NO shame in that, and I hope you didn't take my comment as anything derogatory or insulting to you

the value of better equipment is productivity .
You can be MUCH more productive with a TM .

"IF" you plan to stay in this biz and make your full time living out of it, you'll a TM eventually .
(unless your market niche is like Willy's ..servicing lots of hi-rise buildings and condos)

Til then, buy a Mytee, or Olympus, or any number of similar portys .
They all make big woopty-doo claims , but most of all of 'em are fine to get started

and if you don't want the bucket brigade, look for a small to med sized used TM.
if you're mechanical, it won;t be that big a deal.
and TMs are selling for down right cheap these days ...for $6000 you could find a good serviceable TM that will last you many years

..L.T.A.

Green&Clean

Hi, I'm new and this is my first post. I'm looking into buying a portable myself and this thread has been helpful. I was surprised to hear some of you look down on portables. I have no choice but to go portable due to my market (ChiTown) with many high rise building and condos/apartments. I just cannot see myself having to turn those down. Also my funds limit me to a portable.

I was planning to buy a Rotovac 360 with a Mytee 1000dx 200psi that someone is selling locally. I already saw in in action and looks good. I'm just waiting on my tax return. I'm curious as to why mostly everyone here prefers the wands over Rotovac. I thought Rotovac style of wand was the latest and greatest. Again, I'm new so what do i know. I'm just doing my research before I get started.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was surprised to hear some of you look down on portables.
Multiple power cords create an electrical spaghetti mess, coupled with bucket brigade of dumping and filling. In the end it's just low power when compared to the heat and vacuum a TM can generate. I personally would rather use OP or a Cimex if I can't use a TM.

Green&Clean

Yeah i bet it can get crazy when using the portable. I don't have a choice so I'll make the best of it and try to learn on every job. Good thing is i'll have a helper.

D

Damien6

Perhaps you should give the new Cross-American Jaguar 6.6 a look.
I have not been to this forum for some time and do not wish to get into
a back and forth debate with anyone. Been there done that too many times.

The CA Jaguar 6.6 is a high performance portable which one can later be grown into
an electric truckmount. With the addition of a 65000 btu Little Giant propane heater
it really does well running off just two residential or commerical circuits. I at least
so far have not had problems with popping breakers. It has a lot more power than
any of the previous models . It easily cleans with 100 feet of 2 inch vacuum hose
and truly has no problem using 150 feet . If one finds they are often needing 200
to 250 feet then one can get a Power Booster which makes this easy to do. The heat
from the 2HT truly gives it a more truckmount like personality. Some may wish to
purchace a generator. Some do not. I have two generators I can choose from but
usually the one I take only powers the cord or circuit that powers the primary vac
and pump. It is a 3500 watt generator(1/3 gph) so it will do that easily which leaves me with only
one or if using a power booster two to plug into.
Since it has an excellent auto pumpout
I do not use an auxillary waste tank but I do like to take 40 gallons of solution with me.
This leaves me plenty of room and not a lot of weight for my Chevy 3/4 ton van to transport this setup.
With using the better chemicals one can be quite effective with a setup like this. I have
hose reels a Hydroforce and I just got a West Pak quad jet wand (12") 1.75 tube which fits 2 inch
vac hose. Also have an electric sprayer that I use for carpet protector.It is a very nice setup
which is also very effecient!

Jan Sullins

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom