Waste Tank Foam

lesterj2

like i stated im not having the problem with foam... i just wanted to know just incase i ran into the situation.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
In THAT case, get some crystal defoamer and sprinkle it on the carpet that the foam is coming from.

In lieu of that, you can use a liquid down the vac hose.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
lesterj2 said:
like i stated im not having the problem with foam... i just wanted to know just incase i ran into the situation.

get some powdered defoamer to keep on the truck.

there WILL be times you'll need it.

most often it's from the home owner using her Hoover or rented machine as a soap despenser
(if 2oz per gal of soap is good, 5oz pr gal of soap is gooder)

or maybe the last Kirby vac salesman who scAmpooed her carpet for free.
or a Chem-liar that's gunked up the carpets over the years

at any rate, you'll run into foam situations from time to time.
Get some powdered defaomer on the van.
ALL the suppliers will have one brand or another that's effective and it's relatively inexpensive

powder is the way the go, imHo.
just sprinkle some down here and there and rock and roll

..L.T.A.

John Watson

Lester, you probobly will never have this problem, A cct class would answer the majority of your cleaning questions, Getting a good supplier should answer most of your chemical questions and a combination of your supplier and boards like this one will help with your equipment problems. This board has most knowedgeable people in this field IMO and it also has some out of work comics. John Olson, Larry Cobb, Shawn Forsyth, Scott Warrington are all full service supplier types. Duane Oxley Greenie, Judson and others are speciality.
Call or PM these guys for the straight skinny and very little BS.

Many of us like playing with neubee's, so many ask the same questions over and over.

I am at my advancing age also starting a new stage in my cleaning carreer. I have been diagnoised with CRS Disease. (Can't remember Stuff) so you might want to take what I say with a pepto bismo..I used to be one of the flippen know it alls...

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i dont put fabric softner on the carpet duane, i suck it threw the hose so its in the waste tank. and like i said it works in a pinch.

Rex Tyus

lesterj2 said:
OK so we are getting some answers... so how many of you have used the bar of soap deal...

Sorry to point this out lester. But it is post like this that attract the responses you get. I am not trying to be funny. We really are here to help you. But some of the post you make don't sound serious. We don't know what you don't know. Please forgive the joking. I would think you would like it better than the "shut the hell up you dumb ass newb" responses that occur on other forums.

The soap thing may work but follow the advice given first. Find what is causing the foam problem. It is not normal for everyday cleaning. When you go into a kirby home or follow a VS LMX you can expect it. But you are sucking air or spewing solution. Find out which one and fix that. It is effecting your performance.

lesterj2

Rex Tyus said:
lesterj2 said:
OK so we are getting some answers... so how many of you have used the bar of soap deal...

Sorry to point this out lester. But it is post like this that attract the responses you get. I am not trying to be funny. We really are here to help you. But some of the post you make don't sound serious. We don't know what you don't know. Please forgive the joking. I would think you would like it better than the "shut the hell up you dumb ass newb" responses that occur on other forums.

The soap thing may work but follow the advice given first. Find what is causing the foam problem. It is not normal for everyday cleaning. When you go into a kirby home or follow a VS LMX you can expect it. But you are sucking air or spewing solution. Find out which one and fix that. It is effecting your performance
OK thanks and I appreciate your reply but how about reading through the whole thread and you will see that Im not having the issue I just was wondering just incase I ran into the issue... Again thanks for your response but before you come off bombing on me read through the whole thread and save the nonsense posts... Or better yet go bump some older threads worth the while of reading if this wasnt the one for ya... 8)

Rex Tyus

lesterj2 said:
Rex Tyus said:
lesterj2 said:

The soap thing may work but follow the advice given first. Find what is causing the foam problem. It is not normal for everyday cleaning. When you go into a kirby home or follow a VS LMX you can expect it. But you are sucking air or spewing solution. Find out which one and fix that. It is effecting your performance
OK thanks and I appreciate your reply but how about reading through the whole thread and you will see that Im not having the issue I just was wondering just incase I ran into the issue... Again thanks for your response but before you come off bombing on me read through the whole thread and save the nonsense posts... Or better yet go bump some older threads worth the while of reading if this wasnt the one for ya... 8)

Lester, I did read the thread. I was speaking to the "issue" not YOU although that is what I posted. If you would bother to use the search function for some of the questions that have been beat to death on here perhaps people wouldn't automatically make jokes at your expense. You post a question and get a mix of responses from jovial to accurate and you still complain about not being taken serious. Did not intend to launch a "bomb" at you. You need to loosen up. This is Mikey's Board. Not Romper Room. :wink:

lesterj2

Rex Tyus said:
Lester, I did read the thread. I was speaking to the "issue" not YOU although that is what I posted. If you would bother to use the search function for some of the questions that have been beat to death on here perhaps people wouldn't automatically make jokes at your expense. You post a question and get a mix of responses from jovial to accurate and you still complain about not being taken serious. Did not intend to launch a "bomb" at you. You need to loosen up. This is Mikey's Board. Not Romper Room. :wink:
the search function doesnt tell anything of or about bars of soap in the waste tank... so i found it to be a valid question... but what ever man...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ok but i found duanes 1st response funny....

put water in the tank over night....if there is water in the van you have a leak..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ummm couldnt you figure that out in about 30 mins or so??? and not have your van covered in water???

besides that yup...i have had a problem with foam......when i think i can finish sucking out the prespray machine... :oops: ......and i forget to add a pinch of defoam to it...

nothing worse then hearing your machine bog from foam, then turn and see the shit spraying everywhere... :x :x :x :x :x

then you waste 15 mins making sure you suck it through dry, and $20 worth of WD to make sure it dont rust.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom