Water box

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have a TM I'm rebuilding. It has a home made SS water box that is less than a gallon. I know this will work for carpet cleaning but when I tile clean I'm worried it will not fill fast enough and starve the pump. The cat pump only has 9 lives.

How big should a water box be?
Should I just put a larger fill vale on the box?

Thank You

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
No freshwater tank, just a small water box and the fill vale is small. How much water does a spinner move @ 700 psi?

Thank You

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
It's not the size of the box, but how much the valve flows at tap water pressure.

Most of them at 40 PSI (considered "typical" water pressure) flow 5 GPM or more.

Name
Nate W.
Louis said:
No freshwater tank, just a small water box and the fill vale is small. How much water does a spinner move @ 700 psi?

Thank You

Is the fill valve replacable? I'd change it to a bigger valve if you can.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
If your hooking up to the house water I can't imagine it not keeping up with anything you have. Your pump won't put out more then the water tap can supply unless your fill valve is awfully small. Run the machine wide open with the solution hose open and see what happens. I'll bet it keeps up.
Gene

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
The fill vale was 1/8" tube. I replaced it with a 1/2" fill vale from Orchard hardware.

Thank You

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom