water damage via snowmobile, umm yeah we do it

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Cool job! Love the snowmobile delivery!!!:icon_cool:

That sure adds more work to the job, you need Eckman's 4x4 cleaning van. :winky:

Steve they ran a water line overhead? Isn't that strange for your part of the country?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Cool job! Love the snowmobile delivery!!!:icon_cool:

That sure adds more work to the job, you need Eckman's 4x4 cleaning van. :winky:

Steve they ran a water line overhead? Isn't that strange for your part of the country?

the area where the water is shown coming down is actually the basement garage that frozen door opens to the outside under the main level of the house. The kitchen is right above that area where the water pipe froze. there was insulation, visqueen and drywall in that area. The water they think had been running for 4-5 days. this job was what I call a soaker. the area the 4 wheelers where in was surrounded my unfinished garage/basement area. We stripped the drywall out of all areas down there, removed the work benches and cabinets you see in the background. The biggest problem I had was heat in this area. even all the content items where soaked. if there was a cup, tray, whatever down there it was full of water. The rest of the area down there is about 4 times the area you see in the video so there was more area down there. This place was somewhat limited with heat as it was all electric baseboard heat and our equipment was already maxing out the available juice in the house. after about the 3rd day I had the upstairs mostly dry and decent heat on the main level. so I ended up attaching 2 air movers with about 50 feet each of 14" lay flat duct to pump air into the basement from above.

2013-02-11111133_zps7e28e8fe.jpg

cobb power box supplying some serious juice!!!!

2013-02-11095402_zpsb175ea00.jpg

2013-02-11095355_zps7baa3b5b.jpg

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Pretty cool. I'm sure the insurance is covering the added expense of the sleds? Reminds me of my sledding days......fire trails in the Allegany National Forrest.....my Arctic Cat, Kawasaki 440, Yamaha Exciter.....and my kids "Kitty Cat". The sleds of today, as compared to my 70's models, are like the difference between a Corvair and a Corvette!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
actually the customer was very very cool on this one, truly a pleasure to work with. He gave me keys to the storage shed at the bottom and keys to the cabin, The storage shed below at the parking lot had both snowmobiles, and 4 wheelers etc. didn't use the 4 wheelers. (in addition to the ones you see at the cabin the video) he just said here is the keys do whatever you need. I could check the job whenever I wanted and go up with the sleds whenever I wanted. this was really nice. aside from it being 90 minutes from my house to drive there. it was actually kinda a fun job to do.

I have had sleds before and I really think they are a PITA. they require constant maintaince. the 2 stroke motors are fussy, oh and if you get off the trail and stop or fail to keep your speed up you get stuck in the snow. which really sucks and will sap your energy like nothing else trying to get it unstuck. being able to jump on someone else's sleds is a great thing. as a side note, that yellow sled will freaking haul ass its is what I call wicked fast. in about 2 seconds trees will be going by like a blur. snowmobiles are probably about the fastest accelerating things I have ever driven.

Last edited:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
actually the customer was very very cool on this one, truly a pleasure to work with. He gave me keys to the storage shed at the bottom and keys to the cabin, The storage shed below at the parking lot had both snowmobiles, and 4 wheelers etc. didn't use the 4 wheelers. (in addition to the ones you see at the cabin the video) he just said here is the keys do whatever you need. I could check the job whenever I wanted and go up with the sleds whenever I wanted. this was really nice. aside from it being 90 minutes from my house to drive there. it was actually kinda a fun job to do.

I have had sleds before and I really think they are a PITA. they require constant maintaince. the 2 stroke motors are fussy, oh and if you get off the trail and stop or fail to keep your speed up you get stuck in the snow. which really sucks and will sap your energy like nothing else trying to get it unstuck. being able to jump on someone else's sleds is a great thing. as a side note, that yellow sled will freaking haul ass its is what I call wicked fast. in about 2 seconds trees will be going by like a blur. snowmobiles are probably about the fastest accelerating things I have ever driven.

Snowmobiles now adays have a power to weight ratio of 2-3-4 to 1, depending which motor you have. I believe all snowmobiles are 4 stroke now for emissions. A high end machine can have close to 200 HP in a 400 lb frame. With the right traction getting to the ground, you can do the 1/4 mile in 10 seconds or under. Thats fast....especially being only a foot and a half off the ground! I had my old Kawasaki 440 up over 100 MPH on a fire trail until I realized how friggin' nuts that was!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom