Water Restoration question for;

steamron

Name
Ron
The professional guys, who have the insurance prices and knowledge.

What is the rate to clean the floor in a basement which had 5 inches of water from a broken sump pump, 1500 square feet.
It was cleaned half ass by a company here in town, I can not dwell on it since it will take a while.

She wants the items moved from on side to the other (trust me there is a lot of stuff) so it can not be done all at once.
the floor needs a to be cleaned with a disinfectant,
Microban sprayed (which type?)

Possible cost to remove some stained drywall in a few areas, most of the basement is painted block.

Thank You

Last edited:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
.15 cents for microban.

$29.00 hour for cleaning.

I hope thats a joke, anyways is this sewer or ground water that the sump pump is dealing with?? xactimate isn't good with bulk water prices, infact they suck at it. They want you to go with an hourly rate for bulk water, about 100/hr if I remember right. not bad for letting your machine run and pump water?? well umm ok, but compared to other things its not nearly enough money. So it depends on the job, the last one I did we had 4" of standing water, I charged a double heavy extraction on that. it was a whole basement and that came out over 2000 bucks, If I did hourly and heavy I would have probably been around $1300. its the subtle things that make money in this business and knowing how to estimate is where the money is made.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Steve
I was shooting the low end. People always ask what to charge.
Xactimate is cheap for what it can help you make.
He wanted the cleaning charge that's $29 per hour.
I agree with you we do the same on standing water the $200 per hour for pumping out water with your truck mount is not enough. Double extraction after hours is nice when you have the water standing.

I hope thats a joke, anyways is this sewer or ground water that the sump pump is dealing with?? xactimate isn't good with bulk water prices, infact they suck at it. They want you to go with an hourly rate for bulk water, about 100/hr if I remember right. not bad for letting your machine run and pump water?? well umm ok, but compared to other things its not nearly enough money. So it depends on the job, the last one I did we had 4" of standing water, I charged a double heavy extraction on that. it was a whole basement and that came out over 2000 bucks, If I did hourly and heavy I would have probably been around $1300. its the subtle things that make money in this business and knowing how to estimate is where the money is made.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Don't forget to add your time for content manipulation per man per hour.

content manipulation is also way way too low. I make sure and use water damage technician hourly for that rather than just a content moving laborer. If I figure content moving in the rebuild or later on. I make sure and add travel time going and coming.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
content manipulation is also way way too low. I make sure and use water damage technician hourly for that rather than just a content moving laborer. If I figure content moving in the rebuild or later on. I make sure and add travel time going and coming.

X2 completely agree - From what I remember if you had 3 or people on a job site you could even charge supervisor rates for 1/3 people. Do insurance companies still let that fly Steve or do you ever bill it out that way?

If I HAD to use square footage and say the water was 4" all the way around. I'd take the sq ft of the floor, but then take the perimeter and multiply it by the decimal value of height of water in inches to get sq footage of the wall. Obviously you could simple enter it in Xactimate, but for those that don't have it I wanted to be sure they knew the decimal values, so I wrote them out below.

Inches as Decimal: [1 - .08][ 2 - .16] [3 - .25] [4 - .33] [5 - .42] [6 - .5] [7 - .58] [8 - .67] [9 - .75] [10 - .83] [11 - .92] [12 - 1.]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom