Wax on ceramic dirty tile

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Will Ultrapak Renovate and Acrylic Floor Stripper do the trick ? Very thin coat of it. 175 w/grout brush . Yes - No, other options ?

Fon Johnson

Yes no maybe..

It depends entirely on what is on the floor. Some sealer/finishes such as Johnson's Plaza are a bitch to remove. Epoxy is even worse..

BUSY BEE

Franmars's soy gel works good, although it failed me on a sandstone job this week (found out grinding is the only thing for that situation) apply, let dwell, scrape/scrub and rinse.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
if it is a thin coat of regular finish then just about anything will take it up, Jodson O2, floor stripper, oxyblaster

easiest thing to do would be to test or ask to find out what is actually on the floor

if you have some confined areas you might want to use the least agressive chemical process available

a little prescrub with a shampoo brush never hurts but a stripping brush will work better

did a greasy restaurant ceramic tile a few days back that had wax on it, all of the above worked fine

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i think fastrip spiked with amonia (as much as you can handle of course) would be the fastest to remove but the working envirement will not be pleasant.

Fon Johnson

Bryan, I have not used it but I hear the faststrip is the best. Pro strip worked pretty well too. Johnson's finish is formulated to be stripped with their strippers, but Spartan's endura strip works too. Either way, with 8 coats of Johnson's stuff I would just plan on taking my time and going over it 2 or 3 times..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom