"we are doing it our self"

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I did a reminder call to a ruby tuesday restaurant that we have cleaned sadly once every three months for the last couple of years. The funny thing is this customer always complained about the price being too much which was really a decent price . They also complained about the quality of the cleaning but lets face it if a high volume restaurant is getting done only once every 3 months its an up hill losing battle to keep it clean. So I call today to give them a reminder they are due, the store mgr tells me to save money they are doing it themself . lol I find it funny that with me only charging 180 bucks to do it they think they can still manage to save some money somewhere. And let me remind you that this is a place that can afford to have it done right at least every month. I dont know if they are actualy gonna try and do it them self I really think that I was under bid by someone ,but if they think they can get their nasty ass carpet cleaned on their own more power to them.

Name
Lee Stockwell
They need to do it once on their own to appreciate the work involved.

Tell him you are doing all your own cooking now too.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Maybe you should look at yourself first and then them second

They also complained about the quality of the cleaning but lets face it if a high volume restaurant is getting done only once every 3 months its an up hill losing battle to keep it clean
I disagree

Name
I'm Rick James
Just tell them you understand about the cost cutting move on their part, just give them a little advice and tell them to call you if they have any questions or need some help.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Greg Crowley said:

They also complained about the quality of the cleaning but lets face it if a high volume restaurant is getting done only once every 3 months its an up hill losing battle to keep it clean
I disagree
I have looked at myself for a year now and made every reasonable attempt to work with them . I actually kinda figured this was gonna happen so I am not heart broken. I have restaurants now that are once a month and keep to the schedule . I also beefed up my resident. advertising so if I get one extra house to clean every three months I just made up for the lost account

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
If you think advertising cures quality issues, good for you.

Ryan

Greg Crowley said:

I'm not condoning doing a bad job....

But as far as advertising curing quality issues..... it worked for chemdry.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Greg Crowley said:
I addressed the quality to issue . These people knew it was their responsabilty to vacuum. I offered to vacuum for a small fee they did not want to pay more. Between that and this carpet being in desprate need of cleaning more than every three months, I can say greg the quality issue was facilitated by the customer by being a cheapskate. I can understand your point greg but this carpet was totaly demolished everytime I cleaned , and often they went longer than 3 months sometimes quarterly which is insane for a restraunt in a college town

Name
I'm Rick James
juniorc82 said:
Greg Crowley said:
I addressed the quality to issue . These people knew it was their responsabilty to vacuum. I offered to vacuum for a small fee they did not want to pay more. Between that and this carpet being in desprate need of cleaning more than every three months, I can say greg the quality issue was facilitated by the customer by being a cheapskate. I can understand your point greg but this carpet was totaly demolished everytime I cleaned , and often they went longer than 3 months sometimes quarterly which is insane for a restraunt in a college town

Then its a good thing that you lost the account.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
if you were truly underbid and you did the best you could do everytime you cleaned for them, it will show and they will call you back. most of the time with us, when they call back it is a good time to raise the both the level of service (ie charge for vacuuming and spotting) and raise overall price. it works 90 percent of the time.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Greg Crowley said:

I disagree

disagree with what??? that some place goes to long between service and looks like shit cant happen??

your loony

I have done restaurants most my life....some once a mth some every 2 every 3 and yes even some every 6...I have done nasty ass chinese, mexican, american, etc.

there is a difference in frequency and type of rest. as to how clean it will be/come

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
You can say i am loony but I never have a problem getting anything clean. It may look like shit when I get there it won't when I leave. Maybe it is your lawnmower and effort that is the problem. I am just saying people have different standards on what they practice and mine just may be higher than yours.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
no we agree...it looks liek crap, but its clean when i leave...

I was talking about them bitching because at 2mths they think it needs to be like it was at 2 weeks

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Greg Crowley said:
You can say i am loony but I never have a problem getting anything clean. It may look like shit when I get there it won't when I leave. Maybe it is your lawnmower and effort that is the problem. I am just saying people have different standards on what they practice and mine just may be higher than yours.
I will honestly say that I did not put in 100% effort 100% of the time with the resty in question. They were so cheap, did not hold up their end and thoroughly vacuum , and then complained when I would bring up concerns , and last but not least they had the oh well we can find someone else attitude . Given how this customer treated me greg , no they got the standard cleaning and not the five star gold package. I think at one time or another we have all not given maximum effort to a certain job especialy when we are being jerked around. To any one on here that denies this I call bull shit.

R

rotovacguy

juniorc82 said:
I will honestly say that I did not put in 100% effort 100% of the time with the resty in question. They were so cheap, did not hold up their end and thoroughly vacuum , and then complained when I would bring up concerns , and last but not least they had the oh well we can find someone else attitude . Given how this customer treated me greg , no they got the standard cleaning and not the five star gold package. I think at one time or another we have all not given maximum effort to a certain job especialy when we are being jerked around. To any one on here that denies this I call bull shit.

I'd agree with that.

Heck, wasn't there someone on here not too long ago that filmed himself flying through a job just so he could purposely lose the account? :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom