Web site hackers?

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
The last 3 days I have been getting notifications from wordpress every 20 minutes saying they locked my account due to too many password attempts. They also gave me the IP address of the hacker. Well I went into wordpress and locked out the address. Is there anything else I should do and has anybody else been hacked?

FredC

Village Idiot
you can also change/move the login page

what was the ip? maybe ban the entire block?

what level of server access do you have

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Last few month we are getting hammered with bots filling out our webform. All in some foreign language.

Some days like 20 fake submissions.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
How do I move the login page? The ID is 169.55.212.2 They have been reported many times. Jerry, do you have a Recapcha on your form? I installed one and it cut out all spam immediately.

Reactions: jcooper

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Thanks Fred. I just read the article. Websites sure have gotten complicated since I designed my first website 13 years ago. Never had any trouble with my old cheesy Yahoo Sitebuilder site. I might get my site designer to change the login page.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I'll do that. I did go into my wordpress account and enabled a few additional security features. Now my account can only be accessed from my computer. I also enabled a captcha so that if this is a robot that keeps trying it should put a stop to it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom