Website help please

WISE

Just added a page to my site. I am looking for some critique please...

Besides the obvious "homemade" look of it, does the information look
1. Valuable and 2. Accurate?

I am just trying to get the content where it needs to be. A guy in my BNI group is a web designer and will help me get a more polished/professional look and layout once I have the message intact.

Click on "What to do if you experience a water damage emergency" on the page here:

http://www.WeDryFloods.com

Thanks

WISE

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I like the "before a disaster strikes" but by the time people are looking for it... it's probably to late. Good tips though!

WISE

Thanks for the feedback Jeremy.

I hope that people will do the home inventories and remember us if they do have a flood. I agree, maybe too late for some; but I don't know that people would be looking online for emergency response. Or using a computer while standing in a flooded house! Who knows.

Thought it was a cool idea to advise the inventory of possessions.

Again--the "look" is just killing me...can you say YHOO sitebuilder. I am sure it could be done with YHOO and made to look very professional; but I just don't have the time to figure it all out!

Anyone else have any comments on the "Tips" page? Much appreciated--

WISE

JTaylor

Looks good I like the link set up.
JT
By the way did you get my e-mail last week?

WISE

Hey Jack!

Sorry--Just checked my email...must have missed that one. Anyway, call me anytime; be glad to chat again.

WISE

G

Looks pretty good. Add an empty table row at the bottom so the pictures are right at the bottom of the browser window.

Scott

Heya Mike -

Just saw your post here so sorry for coming in so late to the party.

The inventory material was fantastic and of great value.

Just a few tweaks I'd make:

1) I'd put my logo at the bottom or somewhere towards the bottom.

2) I'd re-write the page to be SEO friendly. I have found very few web pros who know how to create an SEO friendly website, but Mark and Andrechelle do know how. If you do it yourself, be prepared to learn a whole new language. I found SEO Elite to be a great program, and use about half of it, but haven't had time to implement all of the SEO changes.

3) In place of your logo, I'd write a compelling headline - for 2 reasons. First reason is to interrupt or capture the readers' attention. Second is for SEO purposes. Perhaps something like "5 Ways To Survive a Flood or Fire" and hyperlink the 5 ways accordingly. One of the bullets would be the inventory information. Another would be safety precautions to take, etc. etc.

4) Agree with Shawn. On my monitor the bottom row of pictures are cut off.

5) From every page from now until it's proven otherwise, when I build a new page it will be its own landing page. That way if someone pops in through the back door, they'll get the "full treatment" effect. For instance, each page will have its' own "legs" and to the typical surfer the page will look just like a home page. Oftentimes when I surf, and I doubt I'm alone, I google up a keyword, click on it, and am brought to some 2nd rate web page. It's as if the designer spent 40 hours on the home page and about 4 minutes on the others. I usually pop out of those types of sites as fast as I clicked in because they're not self-supportive and offer very little of value without having to click to the homepage.

Who has time for that!? ;)

That's all I've got for now. Starting to shape up nicely!

Scott

WISE

Thanks Shawn and Scott--

The only problem is, I have no idea how do to the things you suggested! LOL

Empty table row? SEO--Search Engine Optimization, right?

One thing is...I have a HP laptop with a 17" widescreen...everything looks perfect on here...then when I get home to my desktop with a regular 19" monitor everything is off-center and chopped at the bottom!

I will have to ask the guy that is helping me about the SEO and the SEO Elite program.

Anyway--thanks again. I have an outline of what I want--some great suggestions from folks here like you guys and Jim P. Just gotta get time to do it!

WISE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom