Westpak " soft touch " valve on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
I don't get the hoopla over a "soft touch" valve in the first place. I thought carpet cleaners were "manly men" with strong grips. A real manly man wouldn't need no soft touch and wouldn't even notice the difference in the first place. 8)

But seriously, any valve can become easier to operate with a longer trigger. The effect of the increase in leverage that a slightly longer trigger would provide would surprise you.

Nada big deal...

Name
Nate W.
James Cooper said:
[quote="Nate The Great":s8jf9f2d][quote="James Cooper":s8jf9f2d]

just keeping folks honest Bob - Nicks shelves actually have product on them .

Maybe you should start being Honest with yourself first, before trying to discredit others.

James Cooper said:
Thats right , the same valve marketed as the softtouch for the Greenhorn ,John Olson sells for 54.99 . On this auction you get 2 for 39.00 dollars . Ask folks and they will tell you the brass valve holds up better .

It really bugs me when I see the truth twisted to try and make people look bad. Cooper, you're comparing a Stainless Steel valve that John sells @ $52.99 with a ebay Brass valve $39 for 2. Please compare apples to apples. Either find SS valves or ask John how much he sells the brass ones for. Plain and simple. You're not showing anything but your a**, comparing to totally different things and Twisting the facts.[/quote:s8jf9f2d]

Actually dealer price on a ss valve is 22 bucks . Anyway , I own 2 Greenhorns and they come with a brass valve .[/quote:s8jf9f2d]

Imo, I believe an apology is in order to John, and the rest of the forum viewers for this twisting of the facts to try and discredit another individual. I can see having all the facts and stating them to make your case, but you discredit yourself when you twist and/or mislead the facts. Maybe Rob and Tre is rubbing off on you. I'm just simply calling a spade a spade.

G

Maybe you should start being Honest with yourself first, before trying to discredit others.

James Cooper said:
Thats right , the same valve marketed as the softtouch for the Greenhorn ,John Olson sells for 54.99 . On this auction you get 2 for 39.00 dollars . Ask folks and they will tell you the brass valve holds up better .

It really bugs me when I see the truth twisted to try and make people look bad. Cooper, you're comparing a Stainless Steel valve that John sells @ $52.99 with a ebay Brass valve $39 for 2. Please compare apples to apples. Either find SS valves or ask John how much he sells the brass ones for. Plain and simple. You're not showing anything but your a**, comparing to totally different things and Twisting the facts.[/quote]

Actually dealer price on a ss valve is 22 bucks . Anyway , I own 2 Greenhorns and they come with a brass valve .[/quote]

Imo, I believe an apology is in order to John, and the rest of the forum viewers for this twisting of the facts to try and discredit another individual. I can see having all the facts and stating them to make your case, but you discredit yourself when you twist and/or mislead the facts. Maybe Rob and Tre is rubbing off on you. I'm just simply calling a spade a spade.[/quote]

Westpak sells 2 valves - brass and ss . the brass sells for 9 ( distr price ) and the ss sells for 22 ( distr price ) . The brass has been shown to hold up better .

John sells his at 52.99 , 31 dollar markup over dealer price . I merely pointed it out when he outlined his GH price break down justification for taking a 300 wand and turning it into a 900 one.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
OK Mr Cooper here's what I see. You are trying to badmouth John on a forum that he has been a staple on for years. He is also surrounded by friends here that would back him to no extent. Now you say you're a smart fella but how do you think this is going to pan out for you. Do you honestly think the people here are going to turn thier backs on John because you of all people are trying to make him look bad by saying he's overpriced? The guys here would pay ten times more for his products then take your advise anyday.

Lora Olson

Cooper...my husband has made you part of his "foe" list, so he hasn't seen this (or anything else you post). But we do not pay $22 for the valves. Either you are not telling the truth, or someone has mis-lead you, but $22 for a SS Westpak valve is not the current price.

Our prices are fair for what we pay for the valve. We charge $42.99 on eBay and Interlink is $45.95 on their internet site. His post in the "Greenhorn" thread of $52.99 was "suggested retail." We sell the brass angle valves for $19.99.

Our integrity is more important to us than money. Not all money is good money. As you have seen from posts by friends in this thread, John has earned respect and trust from our customers and fellow suppliers because he does not "rip people off".

Respect and trust is earned over time, not given, and John has earned his.

Now, with this said, I will not respond to you in anyway, no matter what you post after this, because I will not be drug into the type of "internet sparing" in which you engage. I felt it was right to correct your mistake and that is all I will say on this matter.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us. Otherwise, we have chosen to "ignore" your posts on this board. We feel they are not in-line with how we choose to interact with fellow human beings on the internet.

Mikey P

Administrator
Don't fret Lora

Cooper has been tossed.

His recent actions on *** have proven just what kind of low life we were dealing with here.

I apologize to you, John and the group for keeping him around so long.

It wont happen again.

If the group here would like to remind me of the golden rule of Liars Cheats and Sociopaths more often, I'd sure appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom