What accessory for porty would you get?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
this is for a porty w/no heat and 200 psi pump.

1. Water otter(we dont do tile,w/this we could, once i learn how!). does it have a dial to turn it down for carpet?

2. in line heater 2000, some have said it will only raise temps 25 degrees. If it wont get me up to at least 200 whats the point?

3. rotary floor machine.

what are some good/bad thing about these options? or Will they all be on ebay in a year when i sell them?

thanks

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jcooper;

Assuming you have enough vacuum (3 stage vacs),
I would add a High-GPM pump to your portable.

At 450 PSI, your portable will clean carpet more efficiently, and with some dwell time, you can also do residential tile & grout cleaning.

Larry Cobb

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
if i had your porty i'd add:

1st a vac booster.
2nd a lightweight host scrubber off of ebay.
3rd a glide for your wand.
4th a rotary.

then maybe an inline heater, but with the agitation of the host or rotary i probably wouldn't waste my time or $ on this purchase.

thanx --- Derek.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Little giant propane heater on a dolly it is called a truckforce.
If you have dual 3 stage vacs and a propnae heater you flying also add a pump out on your porty. After you do all that get Odins vac booster and then you have spent enough for a decent used TM.

What I did when I got my porty
I got a dual 3 stage diamondback, Rotovac, 50 ft of hose
Month after I bought propnae heater and 25ft of hose
a little while later 25ft of hose and a vac booster. Propane post hit is great

DRScrivner

1) 3 Bucket Heaters (2 to use, one back up- ALWAYS have one back up)
2) CRB- Sprint, Sebo, Whittaker- you name it get one for scrubbing pre-spray.
3) Rotovac

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Rotovac.

Just this past week I had 2 highrise condos to clean in the same complex on the same day. I also have a porty with no heat and a 200 psi pump. Steps I took on the first condo 1.prevac 2.pre-spray 3.rotary scrub 4. Extract with wand with a hybrid gg. On the second condo which was the dirtier one I skipped the pre-scrub and just extracted with the green glided rotovac. The difference was amazing. The rotovac job came out much better and it went faster. I will now use the rotovac on all jobs that I have to do with the porty.

G

Like most said above HEAT first.. You can always get more vac by using less hose on a porty.. Steam will fly with that prochem 2000 I used one for a year. Its very hot.. 06flow at 250psi..

danpauselius

I'm surprised at the above advice. I'd get the 175 rpm floor machine to prescrub with. I think good agitation makes more difference than all the heat in the world. As far as vacuum goes, I'd make that the next upgrade. In the meantime, just speed dry it with cheap air movers.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you may be right Dan. I started with a rotovac and added heat. So I have never done anything without good agitation

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
A new CRB machine for agitation would be great. A bucket heater would be helpful for many fewer dollars.

Any inline heater is limited by the flow rate and available electric power. The faster the water flows through the heater, the less time for the water to get hot. Your figure of about 25 degrees is pretty close. It could be 5 degrees more or less depending on flow rate. But it will not heat to 200 with normal flow rates unless you start at about 170.

A bucket heater has time to get the water hot before it starts flow. It just is not as convenient.

Scott Warrington

SunClean

175 Rotary is what made the difference with my porty. I disagree with those who say to increase your PSI to 450 or higher. More flow w/o a LOT of vac=wetter carpets. Use the flow you have and use the 175 to prescrub your prespray and post pad after rinse. This will wipe up residual soil and moisture and brightens everything up nicely. If I had it to do over again I would maybe get a 13" since it's lighter to get up the stairs.

Mark

DUSTY

Vac booster

These guys rock. Certainly you will get a better extraction, but you don't have to listen to me as I am a Fjord King Shrill.

steve r

a small 175 rotary, i got a 20 in and it is heavy and doesnt get in corners or around furniture as good as a small one would.
i would also get a good presprayer. i have a used hydromaster and i like it but get a good one.
then start saving for the tm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom