What are some tips for getting a carpet retailer to refer..

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
What are some tips for getting a carpet retailer to refer you?

Do free stuff for them?
Show off your equipment?
Do a free cleaning at there house or business?
Give them a case of spotters to give away / use?

i am looking for practical ideas. thanks..

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Solve a problem for them and then buy something. Replacement pad for a urine job... Mention what it's for & the converstaion should take you where you want to go with out being pushy.

G

doughnuts and gifts buy the staff lunch clean the owners house for free

OMG I just reviled the hp round table stuff

damion68

I just went in, introduced myself, told them a little about what and how I clean. Now I get several a month from them and I also return the favor.

I've often considered offering to trade services or a referral fee....or something along those lines. But why bother when a simple introduction could be all you need.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
introduced myself, initially brought some coffee and dognuts a couple times, and from the get-go told them i would give them 10% of the 1st job i do for any person they send my way.

and then i followed through on that agreement...that's the part ya can't forget. i have heard of others not going through with this and they lost the referrals. their loss, my gain :mrgreen:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I do donuts about every 2 months. However, I think the biggest thing is to do an excellent job on all their referrals, those that have been referred do let them know when you have done a great job. I also send the hp 10% referral fee which most of them use when they have their shops or homes cleaned.
Also, all the common sense stuff like be professional looking in uniform, be on time, be courteous, and above all THANK THEM for their business!

Chris A

Name
Chris
C&S said:
What are some tips for getting a carpet retailer to refer you?

Do free stuff for them?
Show off your equipment?
Do a free cleaning at there house or business?
Give them a case of spotters to give away / use?

i am looking for practical ideas. thanks..

If they're a high profile retailer in a decent sized town, they've probably seen all this stuff before from other cleaners. The "Referral Hub" idea has been pushed hard for 10-15 years now. By going in, being REAL, and not putting the hard push on them, and take every opportunity to make them look good. Our biggest retailer loves to refer us because we never let them down, not because we give them doughnuts or free cleaning (although we do give them free cleaning anyway.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom