What are you paying for health insurance?

Becker

Name
Becker
I have a med/dental plan.. HMO ( fan of it really )

3000k deductable

What is care costing you?

Able 1

Name
Keith
$725 me and 2 kids $2,500 deductible, wife's on her own..

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Looks like you guys haven't recieved your new "affordable" plans. Most have higher rates and deductables of around 5k for single and deducables of 10k or more for families.(+co-pay) You can check those rate calculators on line here→www.kff.org

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Looks like you guys haven't recieved you new "affordable" plans. Most have higher rates and deductables of around 5k for single and over 10k deducables or more for families. You can check those rate calculators on line here→www.kff.org

Mine went up $50, but I think that was just for the hell of it(kind of like a gas charge excuse). WI. is having the Fed set ours up, so we won't feel it for a while(well as long as the website is down,which will be a WHILE). All the entry prices we are seeing now are unsustainable and will go up dramatically. I will guess mine are going to be like $1,200-1,400..

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I pay $289 a month for me only this is a 3k deductible through anthem. I have heard that a lot of major insurance companies have tried to raise their rates on existing customers. I am only 31 years old so it will still be cheaper for me than many of you old fogies. I have had a chance to look on the government exchange yet but just from the small amount of research I have done it does look like a new policy for me is about $150 a month cheaper than what it was 4 years ago the last time I was shopping around. Im sure healthcare will be a roller coaster for a few years until the market sorts everything out

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Due to Obamacare we are left with only 3 companes to choose from in Nebraska. Some of the monthy rates can be lower if you can get a subsity. (Up to 4X the poverty level). But, the out of pockets before it even buys a bottle of asprin are sky high. As carpet cleaners( or any small business) we should be concerned because it will greatly reduce disposable income for many middle class families. The time to change tactics is now.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I pay $289 a month for me only this is a 3k deductible through anthem. I have heard that a lot of major insurance companies have tried to raise their rates on existing customers. I am only 31 years old so it will still be cheaper for me than many of you old fogies. I have had a chance to look on the government exchange yet but just from the small amount of research I have done it does look like a new policy for me is about $150 a month cheaper than what it was 4 years ago the last time I was shopping around. Im sure healthcare will be a roller coaster for a few years until the market sorts everything out
Use the calculator I posted www.kff.org

Able 1

Name
Keith

Jon, I would say it would be in your best interest to keep your current plan.. Find out who(what doctors and hospitals in your area) are going to take the exchange plan in your area before you go and change anything. I'm 35.. I have Anthem. Maybe just wait till it all gets sorted out, before you go and think the savings are worth it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Jon, I would say it would be in your best interest to keep your current plan.. Find out who(what doctors and hospitals in your area) are going to take the exchange plan in your area before you go and change anything. I'm 35.. I have Anthem. Maybe just wait till it all gets sorted out, before you go and think the savings are worth it.
Most people can' t keep their current plans. The plans now need to cover pregnency coverage and free breast, pelvic and colin exams. As a single guy you prbally didn't have coverage for those things. You will be mandated to have them now. It brings the rates up quite a bit.

Fyi:Anthem in many states is dropping hospitals and covered services. Healthcare will never be the same again.

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Most people can' t keep their current plans. The plans now need to cover pregnency coverage and free breast, pelvic and colin exams. As a single guy you prbally didn't have coverage for those things. You will be mandated to have them now. It brings the rates up quite a bit.

Well, I know that.. BUT, if you have current insurance you shouldn't leave it(EVER)even if they double your rates.. I won't because I want to keep the doctors I have(the best docs around).

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Well, I know that.. BUT, if you have current insurance you shouldn't leave it(EVER)even if they double your rates.. I won't because I want to keep the doctors I have(the best docs around).
You don't have that choice any more. They will tell you which doctors you can have.Doctors are actually being pushed out with lower reimbursement rates and more nurse practioners do the work that use to be done by doctors.

Able 1

Name
Keith
You don't have that choice any more. They will tell you which doctors you can have.Doctors are actually being pushed out with lower reimbursement rates and more nurse practioners do the work that use to be done by doctors.

Not sure I got your point? There are a Big number of providers(doctors) that won't take Government insurance not unlike medicare.. The reason they won't take it is because of the lower reimbursement rates. You make it hard to agree with you.. You have a choice keep your current insurance, no matter what it costs(not what was promised, but I'll take it)!

Reactions: Royal Man

FredC

Village Idiot
Well they did use the extra coverage from OC as an excuse, I'll post the letter I received if you want..

no need...I believe you got a letter stating exactly that.

I was just saying that Anthem/Wellpoint is notorious for high premium increases..............long before the ACA.............

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Not sure I got your point? There are a Big number of providers(doctors) that won't take Government insurance not unlike medicare.. The reason they won't take it is because of the lower reimbursement rates. You make it hard to agree with you.. You have a choice keep your current insurance, no matter what it costs(not what was promised, but I'll take it)!
Weird that you say you can keep your current policy. That is not part of Obamacare.Like millions my insurance is no longer available as is the provider . If you can keep yours more power to you. Be aware that every thing is changing and even existing customers policies will have less choices that is up to the patient.The goverment is calling all the shots now.

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Weird that you say you can keep your current policy. That is not part of Obamacare.Like millions my insurance is no longer available as is the provider . If you can keep yours more power to you. Be aware that every thing is changing and even existing customers policies will have less choices that is up to the patient.The goverment is calling all the shots now.

Looks like your state is one that took the money, and didn't leave it to the feds.. That is the reason! It will hurt us all eventually.. Just glad I got a 1 year exemption with Scott Walker!

Able 1

Name
Keith
If you have Golden Rule insurance, don't ever leave it! Great insurance!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Looks like your state is one that took the money, and didn't leave it to the feds.. That is the reason! It will hurt us all eventually.. Just glad I got a 1 year exemption with Scott Walker!
Walker himself says rates are going up 80% in your state this year and you have to buy the new insurance this year. That is why it is called manditory. The one year exemption is for business from paying the fine if they have 50 or more emloyees. It has northing to do with exchanges or Walker. My state does not have the exchanges.Plans can not be grandfathered .There are no guarantees that you can keep your plan.

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Walker himself says rates are going up 80% in your state this year and you have to buy the new insurance this year. That is why it is called manditory. The one year exemption is for business from paying the fine if they have 50 or more emloyees. It has northing to do with exchanges or Walker. My state does not have the exchanges.Plans can not be grandfathered .There are no guarantees that you can keep your plan.

Yeah, NEW young peoples insurance(that won't buy it)..
What do you mean?http://www.healthinsurance.org/nebraska-state-health-insurance-exchange/

OK, I read further, not sure WTF is going on.. This is going to be a crazy ride!

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Who is pissed off?

FYI Georgia does not have its own exchange. That statement along with the others leads me to believe you have absolutely no idea what is going on.

but I'm curious...who would you like to here it from?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Who is pissed off?

FYI Georgia does not have its own exchange. That statement along with the others leads me to believe you have absolutely no idea what is going on.

but I'm curious...who would you like to here it from?

He might be waiting for the bills to come due or the IRS to come A knock'n . By golden rule if you mean a major medical it is now longer available to people over 30.

FredC

Village Idiot
Due to Obamacare we are left with only 3 companes to choose from in Nebraska

So its like cable?

Out of curiosity who is missing? I mean that provides actual premium worthy insurance? I see one major provider missing here (aetna).............but the exchanges are not set in stone.......

Able 1

Name
Keith
Just wait Fred, the website doesn't even work after 3 years of prep. maybe they should hire you? OUR OWN GOVERNMENT doesn't know WTF is going on how the hell am I going to? I'll wait to HEAR it from someone that logs on to the website .. Try it yourself https://www.healthcare.gov/..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom