What are you paying for health insurance?

FredC

Village Idiot
Just wait Fred, the website doesn't even work after 3 years of prep. maybe they should hire you? OUR OWN GOVERNMENT doesn't know WTF is going on how the hell am I going to? I'll wait to HEAR it from someone that logs on to the website .. Try it yourself https://www.healthcare.gov/..

umm.....scheduled outage

I've logged on many times****.

Should they hire me? Maybe cause those that they have hired seem (perception) to have dropped the ball....even with simple things like dropdown security questions. Choosing transunion as verification. They also seemed to have based traffic estimates on those seeking insurance without accounting for those seeking "critic points"...........not a mistake I would have made. A few other things......

but understanding setting up even MUCH smaller projects tends to have me cutting some slack

****so I guess you can take it from me...............

View attachment 3122

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
So how much for coverage on you and your family Fred?

And what type of coverage do they provide?

I am one of the clueless poeple in this whole affordable care act or what ever it's called.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

I am one of the clueless poeple in this whole affordable care act or what ever it's called.
The gov site may be down . But those calculators are all over the web. Like i have been saying try www.kff.org and get a picture for yourself in stead of guessing or thinking you can do what you have been doing. Doing what you have been doing is probally not an option now. You total rates will go way up. (The average family policy is going up by $7500) With the middle class getting hit so hard you might want to prepare your business for it. It could be a very tough ride if your business depends on the middleclass or businesses with over 50 employees.They will have to make cuts.

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Our State (Minnesota) has taken on to run their own health care offerings. I will not qualify at this point(and it really does not look very affordable for those that do qualify). Also, in my area, some insurance companies will not be accepted by my medical providers. I have my insurance agent looking into what my options will be based on where I might need to go for certain or possible health care needs. At this time, he has still not received new information that he can share with me as he is waiting for the health insurance companies to get him info and brochures to share at this time.

I did write one of my local senators (which I had his son in the band program) and one of his assistance answered my email. The assistant ignored my concerns of higher rates, but did pass the info on to their "IT department" about the system still not working. My wife says I should highlight the areas he ignored and resend....I am feeling it is a waste of time.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
So I used the calculated and it stated that I will have to pay 5800 and that is for silver status coverage. We pay 370 a month now for good coverage and that is around 4500, so it looks like there will be a 1300 dollar increase.

Why is there such a high increase if we don't even go to the docter a lot and we don't smoke?

I can see why poeple are so mad at this issue and why the government is shutdown, we are turning slowly into a commi situation if the more money you make the more of someone else's healthcare you have to pay.

How did this pass the house and the senate in the first place?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
So I used the calculated and it stated that I will have to pay 5800 and that is for silver status coverage. We pay 370 a month now for good coverage and that is around 4500, so it looks like there will be a 1300 dollar increase.

Why is there such a high increase if we don't even go to the docter a lot and we don't smoke?

I can see why poeple are so mad at this issue and why the government is shutdown, we are turning slowly into a commi situation if the more money you make the more of someone else's healthcare you have to pay.

How did this pass the house and the senate in the first place?

Remember this is just for the monthly payment. It does'nt include the deductables (which are huge) and the co-pays if you actually need to use the insurance.

How did it pass a liberal House and Senate, from a party that wants to grow goverment power, gov workers, gov control and collect more taxes. Gee... I don't have a clue?

Last edited:

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
My wife is a teacher so we are 100% covered by the school district. Office visits are 15.00 and prescription are up to 10.00 each. I am grateful for what I have since I went without any insurance for 13 years and know exactly what you guys are going thru and it's frustrating. I even tried to get Kaiser on my own and was denied.... They said I was to fat... Lol.

FredC

Village Idiot

Currently pay 600 and some change per month. Me, Wife, kid

Plans available to me after 1/1/14 are 500-1000. No subsidies. Coverage varies by plan of course

The exchange allows for you to apply for and have subsidies applied to your premiums.

If you want to see the plans available and what they cover without subsidies applied you can go to the provider site and request a coverage quote starting 1/1/14.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Being in NY and being incorporated the best I could find was $667 a month just on me with that not covering basic primary care visits. If I was not incorporated it would be $435 a month go figure!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom