What can kill a Hydro Force?

Mikey P

Administrator
We all know Heat stops the Dema from drawing.

I have had my V heat melt some plastic internals as well.

Mine died tonight and I suspect that it's the rubber O ring that the Dema ball seats on. It doesn't look so good.

What other causes are there that keep it from drawing the solution?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The spring, it loses tension over time and won't draw, put in a new kit.

The other thing, the big end of the spring goes in first, the slight taper to top so the ball can sit on it. If it's in backwards, it may look the same but it will not draw chemical.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
In addition to what Mike and Richard mentioned, other common cause of problems we see include these.
1. Dip tube (goes from Dema down into the chemical jug) gets old, has cracks and leaks air. Unit sucks air instead of chemical.
2. Filters plugged up. Many cleaners do not realize there is a filter right behind the quick connect where the solution line attaches to the sprayer. When that is dirty, it will not draw properly.
3. Tip is worn. With time the orifice gets enlarged. This changes the pressure and the draw rate will be wrong. If the orifice gets to enlarged, it won't draw at all.
4. Something plugs up the Dema valve. This can be a tiny piece from a worn "O" ring or maybe some scale or grit that got passed a dirty filter.

The covers the majority of the repairs or fixes we see for the various models of HydroForce injection sprayers.

Scott Warrington

Back
Top Bottom