What do you charge for heavily soiled carpets ???

G

Or do you have just a 1 price for any any carpets regardless of condition ???

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I just charge to scrub them. Plus the regular rate for HWE, specialty spotting, anti-allergen, deo etc......

No big deal.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
One price which includes whatever is needed to get the carpet clean including mechanical agitation and spotting. Only exception being excessive urine and one time I had someone with an excessive amount of paint spots they wanted removed.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
same all the time now. My prices are my prices. They decided it was dirty and I clean them.

I use to charge more for prescrub but I got so much shit from people on the boards about being a bait and switch i decided I didn't want my name hurt if people googled me, so I dropped the charge

Matt Murdock said:
same all the time now. My prices are my prices. They decided it was dirty and I clean them.

I use to charge more for prescrub but I got so much shit from people on the boards about being a bait and switch i decided I didn't want my name hurt if people googled me, so I dropped the charge

Greg I may have said something about you in the past, but there is nothing wrong with charging extra for a prescrub if the carpet really needs it. On the other hand if you try to get every customer to purchase it to make more money even if you believe it will lead to a better cleaning then that is kinda bait and switch. I am going to charge 20 dollars extra to prescrub and post pad each area that needs it. Usually this is reserved for the main living area. Not all rooms or jobs will require this service, but if it does then they are paying for it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
it was $7 for prescrub bring the total room charge to a whopping $32 for 200 sq fgt but whatever. I prescrub 90% automatically anyhow
I do take pride in what I do. I walked out of a house today thinking, man when they started as a custiomer they had 1/2 inch filtration lines and spots everywhere and thought they needed to replace, 3 yrs later no filtration lines and beautiful carpet and a every 9 month customer. They see the value in maintaining carpet

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Residential prices were standard (just got out of the cleaning side this year), just raised as the cost of labor and doing business changed since 1960 when it started.

Commercial prices varied more for volume, impediments, and other things that could slow a job down, but heavily soiled commercial carpet was sometimes a consideration for pricing.

harryhides

Name
Tony
On the phone or in person the first 2 questions were always - How old is the carpet and when was it last cleaned. If the answer was over 2 yrs we'd warn them that a pre-scrub may be necessary and give them the option of pre-scrub for more $ or take their chances without, with the understanding that if the results were so so, then too bad.
I sleep well at night, thanks.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
no extra charge...if we say we're the best and give a price...that price shouldn't be the "only if it's not really dirty" price.

When I worked for my first CD we bonnet cleaned...which I hated! We got a CTS-450 (CD TM) and no one wanted to fuss with it...I couldn't wait to get in that van...but the owners were so use to charging people based on padding that they told me to charge 50% extra to use TM on "heavily soiled" carpets....ex: if job was 3 rooms for $100, with TM it's $150. I would NOT do it. I went to custys homes and used that machine all day/everyday...and would post bonnet for regular price. I NEVER charged extra unless the office booked the job for the TM and charge was already there. The point is....I cared about the quality of my worksmanship...it took longer and was harder work...but I was proud of the job i did and knew it was right...and 100% WRONG to advertise "Superior Carpet Cleaning" when you're only using a buffer w/ pads. The next CD only uses TM's...and it's the same price for EVERYONE....if carpet looks good...we TM, if carpets trashed we use TM...maybe not as much pre-spray and don't take as long, but everyone's getting the same cleaning. If it's trashed and takes 1 hour for 1 room, oh well, that's the name of the game...take the bad with the good.

klewis4

We charge the same for all residential regardless of condition. We do adjust the price for commercial based on condition.

CleanEvo

If the carpets are filthy because they haven't bothered to have them cleaned regularily, they are going to pay extra... it will take longer to clean their carpets properly. I don't see a problem with that and neither do my customers. I have had people who didn't like it and they were free to call someone else.

If a mechanic needs to spend extra time on your vehicle because you haven't maintained it, he's going to charge for it... isn't he?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I charge for unusually dirty carpets but its very seldom I have to. Usually 5 cents additional.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I don’t charge extra for heavy soil. I think it’s justifiable to do so but a “pre-scrub charge” is to easily associated with the bait and switch companies.

royalkid said:
no extra charge...if we say we're the best and give a price...that price shouldn't be the "only if it's not really dirty" price.

When I worked for my first CD we bonnet cleaned...which I hated! We got a CTS-450 (CD TM) and no one wanted to fuss with it...I couldn't wait to get in that van...but the owners were so use to charging people based on padding that they told me to charge 50% extra to use TM on "heavily soiled" carpets....ex: if job was 3 rooms for $100, with TM it's $150. I would NOT do it. I went to custys homes and used that machine all day/everyday...and would post bonnet for regular price. I NEVER charged extra unless the office booked the job for the TM and charge was already there. The point is....I cared about the quality of my worksmanship...it took longer and was harder work...but I was proud of the job i did and knew it was right...and 100% WRONG to advertise "Superior Carpet Cleaning" when you're only using a buffer w/ pads. The next CD only uses TM's...and it's the same price for EVERYONE....if carpet looks good...we TM, if carpets trashed we use TM...maybe not as much pre-spray and don't take as long, but everyone's getting the same cleaning. If it's trashed and takes 1 hour for 1 room, oh well, that's the name of the game...take the bad with the good.

If you were happy moving up to a CTS try a HWE TM and you will be even more amazed. That carbonated solution and air pump is nothing compared to Soft Water and a CAT PUMP. I have installed many CTS for Chem-Dry in the past and its a step up from bonnet cleaning but its not even close to a true hot water extraction TM...

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you are all a bunch of hacks. it is dirty ******* clean it. you should be ashamed of yourselves saying you can' t get it clean unless you pay this maam
hey ernie reread some of th posts you posted agaiunst me and see if they match your opinion now? oops wait the wind blew a different direction

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
My wife was just named VP of east coast operations. She made more today:)

duckster

Roughly 5 times the VLM rate. Includes shampoo, extraction with powerwand and then VLM.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
You guys HAVE to go to the "DUCKSTERS" website.......

He is the only company that will "FINANCE".....1 room of cleaning....$349.00.... :shock:

He is :shock: DEFINETLY....NOT B&S..... :wink:

-JB-

Name
JB
HoLY SH!Ti :shock:

Look out Mikey you got some competition!!!!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
has to be really bad before I charge extra, but then its usually about 5 -10 cents more as a restoration fee.
On EVERY job I prevac, prespray, prescrub [Sebo] ( except some berbers I don't prescrub), HWE
On most that are "trashed" I adjust my prespray (02+Hot sauce) and once its scrubbed in, it cleans up nice and easy. SHouldda taken before-afters on a carpet I cleaned on Sat. Cleaned up real easy with 02+HS, looked 75% better just after Seboing the carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom