What do you charge for heavily soiled carpets ???

HARPER said:
Now thats what I call...$$$$$$$$$$$$ GREEN CLEANING $$$$$$$$$...... :mrgreen:

This guy needs to host his own SFS seminars. Duckster, please explain your pricing. Has anyone ever financed an 1800 dollar aggresive cleaning? I am eager to learn.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I just went through his website, nicely pout together.
The $389 is for restorative cleaning to a 300sf area, which is $1.89/sf! I wonder how often they will clean for that price. Here they would most often choose to replace the carpet.
He has "positioned" himself very well in the website, that makes a huge difference in what you can charge.

Ernie G

Hey Greg, Who said anything about bait & switch, I price everything Individually, I don't say this is the standard cleaning price, but if you want my supper deep clean its this much. Now thats b&s!! But if you want to price every job like there all the same, all the power to you. I've been In business 35yrs., I must be doing something right, I'll let you know if I need a ride along, maybe you could set me straight.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ernie G said:
Hey Greg, Who said anything about bait & switch, I price everything Individually, I don't say this is the standard cleaning price, but if you want my supper deep clean its this much. Now thats b&s!! But if you want to price every job like there all the same, all the power to you. I've been In business 35yrs., I must be doing something right, I'll let you know if I need a ride along, maybe you could set me straight.

"GIVE-EM- HELL".......Ernie.. :!: :!: :!: (KiDs)... :roll:

Ernie G

Hey Joe, I remember when I started in this business, I did'nt know everything, I opened my ears and mind, I learned from some of the old Guys that had been there and done that. To this day, I still listen. Oh well, what the hell do we know?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ernie,

We are just "OLD DINOSAURS" to these new wHippErSnAppErS...... :(

It is the OLD BULL story......

There is an Old Bull & 2 young Bulls...Up on the hill...
The Farmer is letting 10 new Heffers..into the pasture..
One of the young Bulls says..."Look at that pretty white-face Heffer..!!!!!"

"Let,s RUN down there and breed her...!!!"
"YA ! YA !...the other young Bull agrees.." "HURRY-UP"..Lets GO...!!!!

Then the OLD BULL gets up..and.. hey says...
"SLOW DOWN BOY'S"...."Lets just walk down there."

"AND .....WE WILL BREED THEM ALL"..................... :wink:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I apologige to ernie, I confused him with the idiot Art Kelley

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Matt Murdock said:
I apologige to ernie, I confused him with the idiot Art Kelley

Thanks Crowley. I find it amusing you changed your deceptive business practice because of a little spanking here. Good for you. LOL

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
harryhides said:
On the phone or in person the first 2 questions were always - How old is the carpet and when was it last cleaned. If the answer was over 2 yrs we'd warn them that a pre-scrub may be necessary and give them the option of pre-scrub for more $ or take their chances without, with the understanding that if the results were so so, then too bad.
I sleep well at night, thanks.

To answer Coops original question, no, there is not an extra charge for heavily soiled carpets. I can't imagine leaving a carpet dirty knowing that bringing in a 175 and running it for five or ten minutes over the bad areas would make all the difference. That's not retarded, it's criminal.

Name
I'm Rick James
I dont charge extra. In reality I dont do alot of dirty carpets. If I do then i do what it takes to get it clean. It all evens out at the end of the week, If I spend extra time at one job it could easily been made up another job because it wasnt that dirty. I do work out discount rates with people if they use me within a few months.

I charge per room and give them accuret phone quotes. I keep it simple and easy for the customer to use my company.

Greg I worked for Ernie many years ago and he has a first class operation. IMO his company is one of the best in the Seattle area. Both Ernie and his wife Joy are great people, i am glad I had the chance to work for them.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Art Kelley said:
harryhides said:
On the phone or in person the first 2 questions were always - How old is the carpet and when was it last cleaned. If the answer was over 2 yrs we'd warn them that a pre-scrub may be necessary and give them the option of pre-scrub for more $ or take their chances without, with the understanding that if the results were so so, then too bad.
I sleep well at night, thanks.

To answer Coops original question, no, there is not an extra charge for heavily soiled carpets. I can't imagine leaving a carpet dirty knowing that bringing in a 175 and running it for five or ten minutes over the bad areas would make all the difference. That's not retarded, it's criminal.

Don't know about you Kelly, but if it was only a matter of 5-10 mins extra work there'd be no extra charge. THAT is not what I'm talking about. There is a substantial difference in my view between a 4 yr old Nylon carpet that has been cleaned every year in a home with 2 seniors and no pets and a 30 yr old carpet that's had a Rug Doctor run over it a couple of times, has 3-4 kids and few assorted animals living there. We also have snow on the ground here 6months of the year, ya retard

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
yeah I am deceptive sheesh
charging more for additional work, that is horrible. Do you even have a truckmount:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom