What do you charge to color seal grout?

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
I just started offering this service and would like to know what some of you are charging? Any input is appreciated.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Depending on volume.

Prices vary.

Isn't it like $3 or $4 per foot with lifetime gaurantee so long as they abide by the yearly professional maintenance program.

Mikey P

Administrator
still a buck for cleaning 1.25 to 2.00 a foot for the CS.

less for huge volume and much more for a 4x5 bathroom

Size of the tile width and depth of the grout line all play into effect.

Do a few and you'll find your hourly rate once you get a rhythm.

get a test/sales kit from grout perfect and play at your own home and do demos for your customers.

Reactions: SamIam

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Color sealing is a pain in the ass! I did a job in Seattle and it literally took 3 days to get the job done. It was the 1" by 1" tiles with grout lines for days! Would defiantly bid the job differently if I knew that it would take that long.

Mikey P

Administrator
1 by ones should get the whole floor painted and then buffed off, no way would I apply it to each grout line.

Color sealing takes time to get quick at it but it is a pita and best left to the anally compulsive.

I see Stanley pushing it. :lol:

I would love to see the results of a surly chimp applying it. I've seen Jimmy naked

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
my advice is charge whatever u want...but please don't advertise it on google, since you charge $99 to clean 150 sq ft on google...thanks...your ad has created many shithead tirekickers calling not just me but several tile/stone cleaner friends of mine as well

K P

Are you a stone snob now?You might want to stick to just Serrano(even half of them are faking it).I can make money @ .50, and do.I was also in it long before most but,I no longer have illusions of what it is worth.I am sorry that Humbert and all the other "gurus" tell you to get a minimum 1.00 sq ft. (friggen armchair quarterbacks)to clean man mades.If you can get it,great,but dont blame the other guy for the tire kicking.The irony here is how many threads on this and every board about how to save money on something or other.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
K P said:
Are you a stone snob now?You might want to stick to just Serrano(even half of them are faking it).I can make money @ .50, and do.I was also in it long before most but,I no longer have illusions of what it is worth.I am sorry that Humbert and all the other "gurus" tell you to get a minimum 1.00 sq ft. (friggen armchair quarterbacks)to clean man mades.If you can get it,great,but dont blame the other guy for the tire kicking.The irony here is how many threads on this and every board about how to save money on something or other.
No not a stone snob LOL. I don't listen to those guys on what to charge either, I have my own price which is hourly, but give a sq ft $$ for the customer. More power to you if you want to work on your hands and knees for .50 a ft, I sure as hell won't. I just don't want to see t/g cleaning and/or colorseal end up like carpet cleaning with the pricing being advertised all over google

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Bee Busy said:
my advice is charge whatever u want...but please don't advertise it on google, since you charge $99 to clean 150 sq ft on google...thanks...your ad has created many shithead tirekickers calling not just me but several tile/stone cleaner friends of mine as well

LOL...They must be calling you and your friends more than me. I get hardly any calls off that ad. To be honest I forgot it was running on Google (Guess I should keep a closer eye on my adwords). I pulled that $99 special off my website months ago.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Sounds like color sealing can be a pain in the ass. Maybe i'll reconsider offering it. I've just been getting a few calls lately inquiring about it.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
ya and there's still gold in the hills (well actually there still is gold in the hills but that's another story). Color seal is just one of many areas where yer on yer own as far as pricing and offering the service. I agree with others, gotta dive in head first and experience the horror first hand. IMHO it's not a PITA, it's bull.... Just another chemical compound some capitalistic individual thought up. So many variables. How neat and tidy do you want your edges or leave to your buff pads? How much do you squeeze in, pull off with a sponge and ultimately leave on the grout line? What kind of a toll do you take on your knees and lower back? After 7 entry ways, 2 small kitchens and 2 counter top I hope I never see a bottle of that crap ever again. There's NO amount of money I will do that job for. Give me my alkaline, oxygen and acidic's to clean with or I refer out the grout replacement.

K P

No not a stone snob LOL. I don't listen to those guys on what to charge either, I have my own price which is hourly, but give a sq ft $$ for the customer. More power to you if you want to work on your hands and knees for .50 a ft, I sure as hell won't. I just don't want to see t/g cleaning and/or colorseal end up like carpet cleaning with the pricing being advertised all over google[/quote]

Just busting your balls Bill,you got to do what you gotta do.I dont clean or seal (clear) on my knees.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Bee Busy said:
[quote="K P":2gek547w]Are you a stone snob now?You might want to stick to just Serrano(even half of them are faking it).I can make money @ .50, and do.I was also in it long before most but,I no longer have illusions of what it is worth.I am sorry that Humbert and all the other "gurus" tell you to get a minimum 1.00 sq ft. (friggen armchair quarterbacks)to clean man mades.If you can get it,great,but dont blame the other guy for the tire kicking.The irony here is how many threads on this and every board about how to save money on something or other.
No not a stone snob LOL. I don't listen to those guys on what to charge either, I have my own price which is hourly, but give a sq ft $$ for the customer. More power to you if you want to work on your hands and knees for .50 a ft, I sure as hell won't. I just don't want to see t/g cleaning and/or colorseal end up like carpet cleaning with the pricing being advertised all over google[/quote:2gek547w]

You better close your eyes then, the price for tile and grout cleaning here is dropping faster than the stock market on Obama's birthday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom