what do you do when your slow?

Greg Loe

First, I made enough money to save some for those times.

Face to face is the best.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We get back to calling on accounts, not by phone but face to face with current and prospective commercial accounts. Make lunch appointments and discuss current and future service they may need.

Residential, mail post cards, might even increase advertising, unless it's a seasonal slow time.

Internally we take the opportunity to do some extra training, repair equipment, and get things back in order. This place gets wrecked when we are busy.

WISE

Tell me about it Richard--My place looks like a tornado came through here.

Crap everywhere. Floor machine in 80 pieces trying to find the problem there, pile of dirty towels and pads, extension cords (why?),

At my desk right now, in 5 seconds I count at least 20 items that are supposed to be somewhere else!

But--can't really be too upset I guess, been busy.

For slow times--First thing we do is reorganize. Get everything back to its storage home. Clean equipment. Sweep/mop shop. Clean carpets in our office, send em to my house to clean my carpets; call on some prospects. Get a mailer together and out the door. Visit referral hubs. Try to add new referral hubs. If I have a prospect for a commercial account, I will offer to clean the carpets in their home free of charge to showcase our skills as I say.

Lots of stuff...mainly just keep moving forward, keep the guys busy and everything falls in place.

WISE

bubba

I think it depends a lot on the town you are in. I'm in Tulsa and I've really never noticed a slow down except for August after everyone is going back to school. The winter months were great for us. The only thing I had a problem with was snow. Too scary, but I'm getting over it. So this year when it snows... I'm staying home.

Name
Bruce
bubba said:
I think it depends a lot on the town you are in. I'm in Tulsa and I've really never noticed a slow down except for August after everyone is going back to school. The winter months were great for us. The only thing I had a problem with was snow. Too scary, but I'm getting over it. So this year when it snows... I'm staying home.
We are in snow up to eye balls all winter long. It's not so bad.

Greg Loe

My only real slow time was January. The year before that January was one of my best for the year. Funny how things role.

Stone Pro

Try tile and stone cleaning sealing and polishing... most all of your customers have it and hire people to take care of it, it might as well be you.

duckster

Hey John,

When there is no wood to burn, I go out and cut wood. Same with the business. If things are not up to where they should be I just go out and market some more.

FYI: Duckcountry on kleenkuip.com

Jtuseo said:
What do you guys do when your slow, to increase business

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom