Are you with or against an online price calculator?

• Total voters

Kathleen

Name
Kathleen
What do you think about having an online price calculator on a cleaning company website. We created a Cleaning Price Calculator but not sure if it is a good idea.

Pros, it provides automated filtering for clients who just want their cleaning to be as cheap as possible. It could also work as a competitive advantage as most commercial cleaning companies don't have prices on their websites. Most office managers don't like to wait for a few days and interview several cleaners, they just want to know how much it will cost ASAP.

Cons, it might create confusing or misunderstanding when the final price quoted is not the same as the online estimate.

I find office cleaning automated quotes impossible to achieve. However, the correlation between the area of the office, frequency and the quoted price, can't be ignored and want to provide some indication about the price ranges to our potential clients.

could you please check the calculator link removed by FredC and let me know what you think. Are you with or against and why?

Attachments

• pricarting.png
    pricarting.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 270
Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Nate W.
The customer needs a reason to call you..... Don't take that away from them... If it comes down to price, someone will always be cheaper than you....

I'd work more on giving better price quotes over the phone than an online price calculator....

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
That's pretty cool idea. Does it let them schedule an appointment online to? @smastio could help you intergrate the 2.

I like the idea, looks professional and it is interactive instead of looking through some price sheet. I think they removed your link thinking it was spam, can you message me the link to your site? Would like to see how that works.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Kathleen, your website doesn't specifically mention carpet and/or tile cleaning. Do you offer it as part of your cleaning package? What type of equipment do you use?

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Really nice Commercial Cleaning website. I think the price calculator is a clever idea and a good sales tool for general cleaning companies. You can keep the boyfriend :smile: Very smart.

Reactions: Mikey P and FredC

Ron K

If it works for you great. It all depends on what you're chasing as your target market. I agree with Nate though, we don't advertise our price we advertise our trust, quality, and value. Price is really secondary if you can convey those attributes to potential clients. Price is like "how long does it take to dry". The customers don't no what else to ask. Educate them and you'll be ahead of the game in the long run. I'm sure many of the really successful cleaners on this board don't advertise price. JMO!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom