What does it mean to be a “Top Producer” in a multi truck carpet cleaning company?

Mikey P

Administrator
Earning that title means one thing, you’re an asshole who will do whatever it takes to increase the ticket on every job, plain and simple. Stanley, Coit, ZeroRez, ChemDry, doesn’t matter, they’re all the same once the company is over three or four trucks.
Any company that advertises a set price to get the phone to ring, will be pushing their employees to up sell. Protector, extra rooms, upholstery, air ducts, hard surface, deodorizers, urine treatments and so on are the life’s blood to a large company. Without 75% or more up sales going on, things go south real fast. $1000 minimum per truck is about mandatory for a company with managers, phone staff, a storefront etc, to survive and prosper
Selling on each and every job means you have no time to do all the things the bulletin board/Facebook crowd prides themselves on, Pre vac, pre scrub, dry strokes, rotary extractors etc. These top dogs are known to pre spray, agitate, clean upholstery and tile, shower curtains, plastic plants, HVAC systems, you name it, all with their $99 AW29 wands. Get in, get out. Sell sell sell!

van.jpg

I was a top producer for Coit back in the 90’s, I got the suites at sporting events, the awards at the Xmas parties and the weekly atta-boys along with a few extra hundred each week for making sure each and every job got at very least a $20 increase. That first hand knowledge along with running MB for ten years no and talking to countless other former top assholes, I know what I’m talking about
Top up seller but I didn’t know squat about how to actually REALLY clean a carpet then, I was just decently adept at removing the Pork Chops. But like most of us owner ops, customer call us back because they like and trust us. Results don’t matter much, as long as the carpet dries within 48 hours and nothing wicks up on white carpet. I had quite a decent following back then, making my transition from top hack to premium owner op fairly easy.
Earlier this morning during a good ol’ fashion online method debate I had a VLM only guy used his past title as a multi truck Top Producer to prove to me how much he knows about Hot Water extraction.... I had to laugh….

Reactions: Bob Pruitt
Name
Lee Stockwell
As bad as a mfg rep telling a class during a captive "free lunch" how a one gallon investment in a new deodorizing product would yield thousands.

The greedy appealing to the greedy.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I worked for a company in 1979-80 who would send us out with 5-6 jobs a day at 39.95 for a living room and hall. We had to come back with $100 per job. Less than $80 per job 3 days in a row, You're fired.

F

FB7777

As bad as a mfg rep telling a class during a captive "free lunch" how a one gallon investment in a new deodorizing product would yield thousands.

The greedy appealing to the greedy.
You been to a Jasper one day infomercial I see

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom