What hand tools & parts do you keep on your truck?

Bob Foster

1034a618.jpg

It inevitably happens and you need to fix something on the fly. What's in your truck and what is the most handy tool.

Space is at a premium for most of us and it's a compromise. What kind of tool box do you find works the best?

cmaster

Name
Paul Budnik
We buy those cheap tool kits that have sockets, wrenches and pliers in them. One on each truck. Usually replace them every year. Things get lost you know :roll:

Mike Brummett

Crescent wrench, large & small
Pliers
Screwdrivers
Long nose vice grips
HAT PINS (unclogging jets)
fuses
elec tape
elect connectors
hex key wrench set
Socket set
wire stripper/crimper
tiny O-rings for valve repair
Valve repair kit
couplers

Cheap small tool box from Sears or HD

MIKE

Fon Johnson

I use a companion tool set from Sears. It is not as good as the regular Craftsmen, but we don't use it everday to rebuild engines either. It is one of those ready made sets that the tools snap into and it folds flat to about 3 or 4 inches wide. With the seat slid as far back as it will go, it slides right behind it out of the way. We have two socket sets, wrences, hammer, hex keys, wrences, adjustable wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers (regular, slip joint, and needle nose), brushes, and a few other things. If I need more than that to work on something, I probably don't want to fool with it anyway.. :lol:

Jimbo

Good list, Mike:

Crescent wrench, large & small
Pliers
Screwdrivers
Long nose vice grips
HAT PINS (unclogging jets)
fuses
elec tape
elect connectors
hex key wrench set
Socket set
wire stripper/crimper
tiny O-rings for valve repair
Valve repair kit
couplers

I add: tie wraps
rebuilt valves for cleaning wands
A small roll of wire
Box/open combo wrench to fit blower adjusting bolts...on my Prochem it is a 1 1/4" wrench
Part for the famous PC chemical injection system...Includes check valves and diaphram
Extra spray tip and checkvalves

I like a plastic tool box...the metal guys leave to much rust...with a lift out tray to take where you need it

I wanta see what Caesar has in his tool box!
I like to go up a bit from the cheapest bos

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom