What in the heck does Surdi have going on up there?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
but I would rather be in the office leading and coaching then be stuck out in the field where I'm only able to work on one element of the business.
I'd rather be in the field. Much more satisfying and a lot less pressure and honestly I just enjoy being on the truck

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
At my company our pay structure is setup in a way that they are paid percentage points for following certain guidelines and procedures. If they don't follow these procedures they wind up docking their own pay - which quickly teaches them that doing it the way that I've created is the way it will be done.

Oh how I would love to see/learn your system for doing this! We are experiencing some "growing pains" in trying to figure this out right now.

Having a helper helps to grow your company.
I 100% agree.

We used to be just John on the truck. Car accident when I was 7 months pregnant with my first (my air bag didn't go off for some reason, thankfully) and John was injured and needed surgery. We hired someone "temporarily" to be on the truck with John while he was healing. Trained him pre surgery, and John was on the truck with him post surgery over seeing everything, but couldn't do any work.

We saw our average job ticket go up and kept him on. There was more time for John to chat with clients, build rapport and upsell. As capable as he John was to do it alone, we think many felt adding on work was just too much for one guy to do himself. We haven't gone with out employees since (except for short periods of time between new hires). We've been growing steadily. And it give John the freedom to take of a day here and there for other projects, time with the kids, vacation where we don't shut down for a week....Tech is out there cleaning and making money for us when we go on vacation now. It's a great thing. But to each his own. I respect those that feel the need to keep it just them if that is what they want.

Reactions: Brian H

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom