what is the best tile cleaner,,,,

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
red max pro stripper ..I get it at Lowes....If I had bought it to strip floors I would of returned it....but as a cleaner ..it cuts threw anything...no dwell.....

A 5 gallon pail cost about 33 bucks...but I dilute it down to 2 quarts of Red max pro to 2 gallons of water so I think it came out to about a $1.50 per 2 gallons...cant beat that any where....
....mix it in a 2 gallon container and pour it on the floor and then I take a stiff push broom and move it where I want it...This stuff does not hurt the cabinet kick plates and it does not peel the paint off the base boards...start up the truck and clean it....the stuff has never let me down...and I have used it on some nasty floors.....

IMG_4010.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Thanks Jim
I do use Red Max as a stripper in a pinch but have found that Kudkrutter works better if you can't get the bettco stuff. I never thought to use redmaxx for tile and grout. again Thanks

the.cleaner

So how much psi are you using on that......... If the tile is sealed wont red max remove the sealer....

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
are you looking for training? yes it will that is why you need t reseal. The seal is probably gone by the time they call or it was never applied like the installer said

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Red Max has just a faint smell to it once it is mixed.......

Just don't use the stuff on a floor that is colored sealed ...use Oxyblaster from Magic Wand

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i mix stripper (spartans shinline emulsifier) which smell good compared to other strippers, and oxyblaster and it knocks out almost everything. :wink:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
LOL I told you I would order you some oxy blaster. What you don't like scrubbing the grout?

You dont clean that much tille anyways.

This is my tech!! He is one of the best carpet techs around, I just wish he knew how to do repairs!

Jim Martin said:

Just don't use the stuff on a floor that is colored sealed ...use Oxyblaster from Magic Wand

If you are cleaning a floor with color seal on it I, would think you could use a good nuetral floor cleaner. I like NCL products for floor care. They work great, the dilution ratios are great, and the price is great also. I am with Jim on the stripper though for most tile jobs. The brand I was using was a little strong. I was mixing about 32 oz in my hydroforce and spraying it down. I think that was my problem. I just don't like the idea of sloshing water around in a customer's home. I am going to try NCL stripper as I think the smell is not so strong. I was using Bare Knuckles. Enough said.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
yeah the brains in the operation? Aren't you the guy claiming you picked up the patent on a slogan? Genius :roll:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
Jim Martin said:

If you are cleaning a floor with color seal on it I, would think you could use a good nuetral floor cleaner. I like NCL products for floor care. They work great, the dilution ratios are great, and the price is great also. I am with Jim on the stripper though for most tile jobs. The brand I was using was a little strong. I was mixing about 32 oz in my hydroforce and spraying it down. I think that was my problem. I just don't like the idea of sloshing water around in a customer's home. I am going to try NCL stripper as I think the smell is not so strong. I was using Bare Knuckles. Enough said.

It is not like you are pouring the entire 2 gallons on the floor all at one time......Just pour enough to control where you want it to go with the broom......2 things I have never really understood that most people do when cleaning tile......scrub one little grout line at a time ...and spray the chemical on and then start to panic about how they are going to fix the front of a SS refrigerator....

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I tried the Red Max today, bought a gallon from loews to try out. I gotta say it worked great, hardly any odor, no scrubbing grout. Thanks Jim!

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Oxyblaster is great on natural stone. I've used it on tons of travertine. Oxyblaster low PH may be a different story.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Any stripper or degreaser will work well on tile but some of those products really foam up and are a PIA if you don’t have a vortex with a 250 gal recovery tank.

greenclean

I JUST BOUGHT SOME ANVIL FROM JON DON. A FRIEND USES IT ALL THE TIME AND SWEARS BY IT...ANYONE ELSE USE IT...BTW HE ALSO USES TXCON 4800 AND 4600 ON THE ACID SIDE AND LOVES IT TOO!.....ANVIL IS CHEAP SO IF IT WORKS AS GOOD AS HE SAYS THEN I WILL ADD IT TO MY ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!ANYONE USING POWERMAX FROM COBB? I HAVE GOOD RESULTS LOOKING TO ADD SOME KICK (OXYBLASTER) TO IT FOR THOSE TOUGH JOBS! ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS MAYBE SOME CITRUS TO GIVE IT SOME MORE KICK..... UNLESS THE ANVIL REALLY KICKS BUTT THEN I MIGHT HAVE TO SWITCH COMPLETELY...

Back
Top Bottom